Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Has anyone else felt transgender only recently

Started by fitzyfoop, December 31, 2014, 11:25:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzyfoop

Ok. So I have only felt transgender for two months, not since I was like four or five, and I fear that I may not be. I remember wanting to play with the barbie dolls in my cousin's house, briefly, when I was about six or seven, but other than that, if I had felt I was transgender, I don't remember. It was also only when I found out about transgender people, and this site, that, I felt transgender. Was anyone else like this? Thanks.
  •  

Dee Marshall

I was exactly like that and had some doubt's until I started HRT. That first pill confirmed things for me. It's easy to doubt when people preach the "standard" trans story, but for those of us who grew up in repressive eras and regions that sudden cold flash of reality is very common.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

suzifrommd

Quote from: fitzyfoop on December 31, 2014, 11:25:46 AM
Ok. So I have only felt transgender for two months, not since I was like four or five, and I fear that I may not be. I remember wanting to play with the barbie dolls in my cousin's house, briefly, when I was about six or seven, but other than that, if I had felt I was transgender, I don't remember. It was also only when I found out about transgender people, and this site, that, I felt transgender. Was anyone else like this? Thanks.

The first time I remember feeling any gender dysphoria at all was age 14. I had my first girlfriend at that age, and I began to feel that I wanted the body parts she had.

There are a lot of people who don't have transgender feelings until their teens. You'll find that many, many, many of us did not know when we were 4 or 5.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

Dee Marshall

Some of us even, ahem, 54, or even older, Suzi.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

fitzyfoop

Quote from: suzifrommd on January 01, 2015, 06:49:57 AM
The first time I remember feeling any gender dysphoria at all was age 14. I had my first girlfriend at that age, and I began to feel that I wanted the body parts she had.

There are a lot of people who don't have transgender feelings until their teens. You'll find that many, many, many of us did not know when we were 4 or 5.
I can breathe easily then. I'm 14 right now, so, yeah
  •  

Deborah

I felt somehow different from my earliest memories but did not really understand what that difference was until I was about 11 and then it hit me like a train.  Still this was a long time ago and I had no idea what it was called, or even that I wasn't the only one in the world until years later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Emily R

I always knew that I was different but I didn't know how different and afraid to find out. I think if it had not been because of the Dysphoria I would still have not come out to my wife.

Now the fact is that I don't know far I will make.  It is not the same a being in the teens and unattached, instead of 61 with a great wife that stands behind my decision and a daughter that doesn't know anything yet.

Last night I was at New Years with friends, and one of them is a 51 year old that came out to family at 16,  I had never thought of it until I am now on a similar position, of the strength that was needed to come out!

Emily
  •  

emilyking

FYI: I'm IS.

I think I was around ten or eleven when I felt something was off.  That was also around the time I started waking up to unpleasanttrees.  I didn't identify as female, but it wasn't as if I was going around saying I was male ether.
So I'd say I became dysphonic around that time, but it wasn't that bad ether.

I was 14 when I learned about transsexuals, and I figured that's what I was.
  •  

Esyllia

I think I felt off when I was ten or eleven too. I started like fantasizing of being female and blending in and doing more "girly" things, then later I began playing strictly female in video games and even role playing as one. I didn't understand at all what I was feeling until I learned what transsexualism was, and even then it took me a year to realize that I was indeed transgender. So yeah, I didn't really understand my dysphoria until quite recently!
  •  

Lostandfound

I felt transgender pretty recently, about a year and a half ago or a bit more I got pretty sure I was trans. But I had no signs when I was very young. I played with barbies, preferred indoor games of imagination rather than playing tag. I was very much the typical girly girl. I loved pink, I loved horses and soft toys (I still love soft toys, that has never changed). At 5-6 I wished I was a Disney princess. Rapunzel was my favourite if I recall correctly. So very much I appeared to be a girl.
The earliest indicator of I had of being trans was I used to wish I was a boy at about 11 or 10? But I kinda never really thought much about it, and basically shoved those feelings away for a while. They resurfaced later and then bam! I realised I was trans.

tl;dr version: It doesn't matter when you begin to feel trans, you are just as valid as anyone else.
~~*Falling apart and back together*~~
  •  

Pizzaparty78

Yeah, finding out at different times is no big deal, I didnt know I was trans until maybe a year ago, after about 3ish years of questioning (Im a high school freshman). I always had kinda assumed I was one of the boys until 10 and realized something was off, and by 12 I knew something really was until I learned the term transgender.

You'll see some folks around here that are in all age ranges, some knew since they were 3, others didnt until 60. All depends onthe person. Dont worry about trying to match other people's stories of being transgender, everyone has a different one to tell. I used to compare myself to other trans guys but I understand now that I shouldnt.
"It's not about what's in your pants, but what's in your heart..."

•  

Dee Marshall

I said earlier I was 54 and that was both true and false. I have trouble remembering my childhood, so I can't say what might have gone on. Most of my life I had isolated (and not so isolated) flashes of knowing that would burn out in minutes and be forgotten. My mind trying to protect itself from the stigma, I guess. A little more than a year ago, while forced by circumstances to research our condition for non-personal reasons, I managed to not stuff the revelation back in a box.

•  

Tyler

Yes! Finally someone... I started watching some YouTube videos about ftm trans men and realized I related to a lot of those things. I have only identified as trans in my head for about two months, but I couldn't imagine not being trans. As a kid I did like playing with girl toys and I was comfortable with the name Hannah. For the past month, however, I started calling myself Alex and feel immensely more comfortable.
----------

After that, however, I started reading stories about ftm guys who have all "felt this way forever" and I started to feel more and more invalidated. Also, I have never experienced crippling dysphoria like some people have, I have only had mild chest dysphoria.

---------

To answer your question, yes, I have only felt trans recently, but I couldn't change now if I tried.
"life doesn't discriminate between the sinners and the saints, it takes and it takes."

started my new life: april 2015
first hrt appointment: feburary 2017
  •