Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today? 2.0

Started by V M, January 06, 2015, 02:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maksim

Happy: I found a name that I connect with more than my current name and it's been hiding under my nose the entire time!

Unhappy: It sounds REALLY weird with my last name. Like, ridiculously weird. And I can't change my last name.

•  

Thessa

My divorce is final.

I feel free but also like a failure because I should have known...
  •  

eyesk8rboi

Quote from: maksim on July 07, 2017, 01:15:58 PM
Happy: I found a name that I connect with more than my current name and it's been hiding under my nose the entire time!

Unhappy: It sounds REALLY weird with my last name. Like, ridiculously weird. And I can't change my last name.

Congrats on finding your name!!!! Try not to think about the second part too much though. I'm sure a lot of people have really odd fitting first and last names.  ;D
Steven Lee | 24 | Dog Dad | Beginner Figure Skater | Aspiring Writer

:icon_arrow:Started counseling on June 11th, 2017
:icon_arrow:Received HRT Letter on July 2nd, 2017
:icon_arrow:HRT Consultation with Doctor on July 16th, 2017

•  

maksim

Quote from: transguymac on July 11, 2017, 10:03:35 AM
Congrats on finding your name!!!! Try not to think about the second part too much though. I'm sure a lot of people have really odd fitting first and last names.  ;D
Haha, thanks! I'm just concerned because my last name is an object, and the new name is Luka so it would pretty much sound like "Look a (object)" and I'm just very conflicted on whether or not to go through with it. I just connect with it so much!

•  

eyesk8rboi

Quote from: maksim on July 11, 2017, 10:26:29 AM
Haha, thanks! I'm just concerned because my last name is an object, and the new name is Luka so it would pretty much sound like "Look a (object)" and I'm just very conflicted on whether or not to go through with it. I just connect with it so much!

I like that!!!! I see your concern though. Because people might also think it was done on purpose...and then you have immature people like me who like puns who would like "Ayyyyyyyyye".
Steven Lee | 24 | Dog Dad | Beginner Figure Skater | Aspiring Writer

:icon_arrow:Started counseling on June 11th, 2017
:icon_arrow:Received HRT Letter on July 2nd, 2017
:icon_arrow:HRT Consultation with Doctor on July 16th, 2017

•  

maksim

Quote from: transguymac on July 11, 2017, 10:31:35 AM
I like that!!!! I see your concern though. Because people might also think it was done on purpose...and then you have immature people like me who like puns who would like "Ayyyyyyyyye".
Honestly you and I are the same LOL. But yeah, I'll see how things go with my friends using it for a while before I actually change it!

•  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: maksim on July 11, 2017, 10:26:29 AM
Blame it on your parents, just like anyone else would. I knew a Cherry Pitts when I was growing up. Randi knew a Matt Tress.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

maksim

Quote from: Dee Marshall on July 11, 2017, 03:37:16 PM
Blame it on your parents, just like anyone else would. I knew a Cherry Pitts when I was growing up. Randi knew a Matt Tress.
Good point!

•  

Dena

On my first job, two of our customers were Dr. Good and Dr. Best. Makes you wonder which doctor you should see.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Emily R

My Daughter just saw me with a dress for the first time today on FaceTime and she laughed and said that she liked the dress.

Emily
  •  

Artesia

Quote from: Dee Marshall on July 11, 2017, 03:37:16 PM

I had a lawyer named Chidester*, he's now a judge, and in high school I knew a girl named Ima Hamm.

* One who chides or nags; a scold.

I was thinking of Claire Day, Claire Eve, and Claire Skye for first and middle names.  Lucky for me my last name's potential for odd sounding things is only when people add, remove, substitute and/or separate some letters.
All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: Artesia on July 11, 2017, 07:06:04 PM
I had a lawyer named Chidester*, he's now a judge, and in high school I knew a girl named Ima Hamm.

* One who chides or nags; a scold.

I was thinking of Claire Day, Claire Eve, and Claire Skye for first and middle names.  Lucky for me my last name's potential for odd sounding things is only when people add, remove, substitute and/or separate some letters.
If we're going that route, my dentist growing up was Dr. Butcher. His brother was a surgeon.

:

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!

Think outside the voice box!

•  

Kelly H

Hi
I'm Kelly and I'm new here.  I'm happy my wife has decided not to leave or ask me to leave. I'm happy she is trying to adjust to me as a woman.  It's been tough 6 weeks since I told her.

I'm unhappy she won't go out in public with me yet.  The operative word is yet...

...still One of a Kind
             Designed by God

•  

Devlyn

Happy: I'm hiding it well.

Unhappy:  I'm really struggling.
  •  

Dee Marshall

•  

Devlyn

•  

HappyMoni

We love you Devlyn. Big hugs and warm thoughts to you.
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

HappyMoni

Quote from: Dena on July 11, 2017, 06:09:21 PM
On my first job, two of our customers were Dr. Good and Dr. Best. Makes you wonder which doctor you should see.
I know of a Dr. Ambush.
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Devlyn

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Dena on July 11, 2017, 06:09:21 PM
Split the difference.  Go with Dr. Better.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •