Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today? 2.0

Started by V M, January 06, 2015, 02:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roll

There is a monstrous reindeer thing that has been in my room (which doubles as storage space) terrifying adults and children alike for the better part of a decade. It's creepy, weird, surreal, and just unpleasant. I put a trash bag over its head and hid it behind a Japanese partition. My step mother fished it from a dumpster after they discarded a Christmas display years ago. I know. Trust me, I know. She isn't usually the dumpster find type at all, but of course the one time she does take something home it was this thing.

The happy? It's being used for a Christmas party and I am rid of it forever!!!

The sad? Well, it's covered in this hard, glittery... stuff. Really sharp stuff. My fingers are sliced to hell and back and the bleeding won't stop. And I can't find any band aid's that aren't gigantic. I had to make makeshift bandages out of paper towels and green Christmas wrapping tape.

Edit: AND OH MY GOD TWO SECONDS AFTER POSTING THIS I JAMMED MY FINGER BETWEEN DESK AND CHARI I AM IN SO MUCH PAIN
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Roll on December 16, 2017, 10:00:40 AM
There is a monstrous reindeer thing that has been in my room (which doubles as storage space) terrifying adults and children alike for the better part of a decade. It's creepy, weird, surreal, and just unpleasant. I put a trash bag over its head and hid it behind a Japanese partition. My step mother fished it from a dumpster after they discarded a Christmas display years ago. I know. Trust me, I know. She isn't usually the dumpster find type at all, but of course the one time she does take something home it was this thing.

The happy? It's being used for a Christmas party and I am rid of it forever!!!

The sad? Well, it's covered in this hard, glittery... stuff. Really sharp stuff. My fingers are sliced to hell and back and the bleeding won't stop. And I can't find any band aid's that aren't gigantic. I had to make makeshift bandages out of paper towels and green Christmas wrapping tape.

Edit: AND OH MY GOD TWO SECONDS AFTER POSTING THIS I JAMMED MY FINGER BETWEEN DESK AND CHARI I AM IN SO MUCH PAIN

And here I thought you had it all together Eliie. It's folded kleenex and electrical tape.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Allison S

A lot going on emotionally but I'm sticking to my regimen! This is what I needed to push through. Being sad and emotional is not my enemy (I keep reminding myself at least)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
  •  

Sinead

The plan I made up in my head to no longer buy any more male clothes has failed, I'm in desperate need of some new work clothes, I'm going to try and buy some work trousers and shirts that are less masculine, so my dysphoria improves while at work
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Sinead on December 18, 2017, 02:15:50 AM
The plan I made up in my head to no longer buy any more male clothes has failed, I'm in desperate need of some new work clothes, I'm going to try and buy some work trousers and shirts that are less masculine, so my dysphoria improves while at work
When I had to do this shortly before starting my RLE,  I took the opportunity to get some mens pink fitted shirts. [emoji4]

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Roll

Quote from: Sinead on December 18, 2017, 02:15:50 AM

I'm unfortunately running into the same problem and am going to have to break down and buy some male clothes soon probably. I've lost too much weight and it's starting to look ridiculous. Everything just hangs off me, up to two sizes too large. And since I don't intend to go outside in female attire until I move (just not a good place for that), that means I need clothes for the next 7-8 months.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Bari Jo

Today I was returning some led lights and buying others for my bar. The clerk looked at the receipt and said, "Barry huh?  You don't look like a Barry"  so I replied with "I also go by Bari Jo.  Doe that suit me better?"  he smiled and said yes.  What a weird encounter.  I wouldn't call it affirming, but it still kind of made me happy.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Allison S

My sister called me to ask if I'm transgender. I sent a screenshot of an ad on tapatalk that I thought was funny and even though I looked to check "transgender forum" was in the screenshot somewhere.

Of course she saw this and basically said that I need to think things through more. This is all of a sudden that she never knew I was trans. She said I need to think about how it will effect me and the family.

She jokingly said she would accept me and said as (my birth name) or (sarcastic feminine version of my name I would never use).

I don't know how I feel. Relieved yet sad? Like I told her time will tell

•  

Sydney_NYC

Happy:  My mother pointed out that I have a doppelgänger that is a cis woman!!

Unhappy: That women is US Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders to President Trump.

Me
Sarah Huckabee Sanders

My mother pointed out that she is even left handed just like me, but I'm over a foot taller than her.
Sydney

Born - 1970
Came Out To Self/Wife - Sept-21-2013
Started therapy - Oct-15-2013
Laser and Electrolysis - Oct-24-2013
HRT - Dec-12-2013
Full time - Mar-15-2014
Name change  - June-23-2014
GCS - Nov-2-2017 (Dr Rachel Bluebond-Langner)

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Sydney_NYC on January 07, 2018, 05:46:08 PM

Unhappy: That women is US Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders to President Trump.

Me
Sarah Huckabee Sanders

My mother pointed out that she is even left handed just like me, but I'm over a foot taller than her.

Left-handers shall rule the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Sydney_NYC on January 07, 2018, 05:46:08 PM

Nope, not even close. You're smarter than she is and better looking too.

•  

Sydney_NYC

Quote from: Laurie on January 07, 2018, 08:27:34 PM
  Nope, not even close. You're smarter than she is and better looking too.

Thanks!!!! I needed that since I wasn't sure how to process it when my mother messaged me this info this morning, LOL.
Sydney

Born - 1970
Came Out To Self/Wife - Sept-21-2013
Started therapy - Oct-15-2013
Laser and Electrolysis - Oct-24-2013
HRT - Dec-12-2013
Full time - Mar-15-2014
Name change  - June-23-2014
GCS - Nov-2-2017 (Dr Rachel Bluebond-Langner)

•  

sashapawz

I thought about my late grandmother yesterday and today... I've never felt both sad and happy like this in a long time...

My gramma was one of my best friends. She was a big part of my life growing up, and I regret being an angsty teen when she was near the end of her life in 2006... she was over 80 years old.

But, what made me happy was thinking back to all the things we used to do together, the things she used to teach me, and how awesome she was all the time.

She was diagnosed with an abdominal aneurysm back in... I want to say 2000. She was told she'd have less than a month to live, and to basically take it easy and die at home peacefully.

She waited 3 months, and when she wasn't dead, she started back into her old routines. She lived for 6 more years after that...

I loved my gramma, and thinking about what she would say if she could see me now, know what and who I am... I don't think there would be a thing to stop her from being supportive...

So I have decided that I am going to take her name as my new post-transition middle name. Say hello to your granddaughter, Erena. I love you.

•  

Laurie

•  

sarah1972

Last customer I work with sent me a new Sarah ID via FedEx today.
My wife almost rejected the letter since it was addressed to Sarah... she knows for 20 month about Sarah... and there is regular mail coming for Sarah ...

•  

Roll

I heard from an old friend for the first time in a while today, this first part I mentioned in the happy thread. The conversation began upbeat, and he asked the inevitable "so what's up?" type question. It amused me greatly to answer "well, I'm transitioning into a woman.". Fun for shock value! But I did so in this case knowing he is the single most progressive person I have ever met, so not really a big deal. That part all went well, and it was amazing to hear from him.

The unhappy part was as the conversation unfolded, I found out what's been happening with him in turn. I should say as well, that this is a guy whose life has eerily mirrored my own at times (in non trans ways), with strange coincidence after coincidence. Unfortunately, this extends to our mothers and cancer. Shortly after mine passed away, his mother was diagnosed. I won't go into full details, but since I last spoke to him he lost his younger brother, which then sent his mother on a downward spiral with her cancer and she passed away too. It truly broke my heart, and I've always feared losing my younger brother so really hit me personally as another parallel(in the sense that I can relate). Then to top it all off, he got screwed over at his job, and is overqualified so having trouble finding a new one.

He's always been a great person, and it absolutely kills me life has just been kicking him around lately. But still, he seems to be surviving despite it all.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Roll on January 09, 2018, 06:19:33 PM
I heard from an old friend for the first time in a while today, this first part I mentioned in the happy thread. The conversation began upbeat, and he asked the inevitable "so what's up?" type question. It amused me greatly to answer "well, I'm transitioning into a woman.". Fun for shock value! But I did so in this case knowing he is the single most progressive person I have ever met, so not really a big deal. That part all went well, and it was amazing to hear from him.

The unhappy part was as the conversation unfolded, I found out what's been happening with him in turn. I should say as well, that this is a guy whose life has eerily mirrored my own at times (in non trans ways), with strange coincidence after coincidence. Unfortunately, this extends to our mothers and cancer. Shortly after mine passed away, his mother was diagnosed. I won't go into full details, but since I last spoke to him he lost his younger brother, which then sent his mother on a downward spiral with her cancer and she passed away too. It truly broke my heart, and I've always feared losing my younger brother so really hit me personally as another parallel(in the sense that I can relate). Then to top it all off, he got screwed over at his job, and is overqualified so having trouble finding a new one.

He's always been a great person, and it absolutely kills me life has just been kicking him around lately. But still, he seems to be surviving despite it all.

That's so sad and my heart truly goes out to both  you and your friend.  I think it was nice that he reached out to you.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Allison S

I'm happy to be transitioning but I can't help feeling fearful. I keep thinking people won't accept me and I'll live my life being disappointed. It's negative. Oh at least food is comforting!

•  

Christy Lee

Happy: I watched, Your Name (anime film)

Sad: I watched, Your Name (anime film)
Whose that girll?
ITS CHRISTY

02/05/2018
Started Therapy
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Allison S on January 09, 2018, 07:11:15 PM
I'm happy to be transitioning but I can't help feeling fearful. I keep thinking people won't accept me and I'll live my life being disappointed. It's negative. Oh at least food is comforting!

Hi Allison,

I'm happy that you are transitioning too. We all understand that fear you have too. Yes some may not accept you but more will. You can't let that fear put a damper on what should make you happier than you have ever been. You are finally going to be yourself! That my Dear, is a wonderful thing. Never forget that this is what you always wanted and now you are working on achieving that goal. It is not only import it is who you are!

Hugs,
   Laurie