News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Doctors in Queens/Nassau NY

Started by jennifer356, January 11, 2015, 12:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jennifer356

Anyone have any recommendations for gp's, endo's or gyno's
that are trans friendly in Queens or Nassau counties in NY?

I am under doctor's care at present but looking to find someone
closer to where I live and work.

Thanks.

jenifer
  •  

Sydney_NYC

I highly recommend Callen-Lorde in Chelsea. They do HRT obviously with informed consent, but they can also be your primary care physician. There is a waiting period of about 2 months to get accepted in, but well worth it.
Sydney

Born - 1970
Came Out To Self/Wife - Sept-21-2013
Started therapy - Oct-15-2013
Laser and Electrolysis - Oct-24-2013
HRT - Dec-12-2013
Full time - Mar-15-2014
Name change  - June-23-2014
GCS - Nov-2-2017 (Dr Rachel Bluebond-Langner)

•  

jennifer356

Thank you Sydney but getting there is a 90 minute commute in each direction on public transit - bus and 2 trains each way - that is why I am looking for something closer - right now I have 40 min commute to the doctors I have but involves a car service and bridge toll so cost does figure in too

be well
jenifer
  •  

Danielle79

I don't know about Queens or Nassau, but there's a good endocrinologist in Stony Brook right off of Route 347: Dr. Nicoleta Ionica at Sound Endocrinology. She's a little brusque at first, but very good at her job, and she and her staff are very trans-friendly.

•  

Marcellow

Will be following this since I live in one of those areas.
  •  

ImagineKate

I've found resources in the outer boroughs to be lacking. All the LGBT stuff seems to be concentrated in Manhattan. I go to Beth Israel, and they are wonderful, but they are in Manhattan. There is a clinic in the Bronx called Community Kinship life but that may be too far too.
  •