Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Why is passing so important to us?

Started by suzifrommd, January 16, 2015, 07:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mariah

My point was to show that your statement was a broad generalization that didn't and doesn't apply to all. I agree that you could be right in her case that doing so could be helpful and may alleviate Michelle's dysphoria. Now in as far as my situation it was body dysphoria that was the issue. Surgery and hormones took care of that issue for me. Hormones allowed me to be able to see it in the mirror and added things like breasts. SRS took care of the one spot of huge dysphoria by removing that which was a huge issue and source of pain for me. Hugs
Mariah
Quote from: Sophia Sage on January 29, 2018, 02:00:46 PM
Michelle said that her gendered presentation will "relieve a certain amount of anxiety and dysphoria related to social non acceptance."  That sounds like she's trying to elicit female gendering from other people, and that being accepted as female relieves at least some of her dysphoria.

You, Mariah, may obviously have a different experience.  What triggers (or triggered) your dysphoria?
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Sophia Sage

Quote from: Mariah on January 29, 2018, 02:13:19 PM
My point was to show that your statement was a broad generalization that didn't and doesn't apply to all. I agree that you could be right in her case that doing so could be helpful and may alleviate Michelle's dysphoria. Now in as far as my situation it was body dysphoria that was the issue. Surgery and hormones took care of that issue for me. Hormones allowed me to be able to see it in the mirror and added things like breasts. SRS took care of the one spot of huge dysphoria by removing that which was a huge issue and source of pain for me.

Do you ask for female pronouns? 

How have you responded to being misgendered by other people?  How often, and in what situations, does misgendering still occur?
What you look forward to has already come, but you do not recognize it.
  •  

Cindy

I am disturbed that comments are becoming judgemental and personal.

While discussion is healthy, such posts are not.

I'm locking for now.
  •