Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

[Laser Hair Removal - Hands] Will my pores ever shrink?

Started by Sybil, January 17, 2015, 01:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sybil

Hi everyone.

I've been going through LHR since July and started my arms/hands in early December. On the sides of my hands, especially the areas under the thumb and pinky, I have a patch of very large pores from the hair that's been there for a long time. The laser seems to have removed a lot of the hair there already, but the pores don't seem to be closing or tightening. They're just little red dots, and on my extremely pale skin, that's pretty visible.

Will they ever shrink to the point that the skin simply looks normal there? Do any of you have any experiences with this?

Edit:

Oh, for reference, here's a picture. These are not my hands, but the effects are essentially identical, save for my hands being more on the blue/yellow spectrum as opposed to red/purple:

(click the image for a larger version)

Why do I always write such incredibly long posts?
  •  

Kaylee2140

Bump

An old home remedy that my grandmother taught me about shrinking pores is to make a exfoliating paste.

You need a cup of  extra virgin olive oil and some sugar. Add sugar to the olive oil until it forms a  wet paste. Now apply that paste to the area with large pores (or acne) using a little elbow grease. This will irritate sensitive skin because its scraping off dead skin cells. I wouldn't do it until you are done with laser treatments.
"We are all geniuses up to the age of ten."
- Aldous Huxley

"When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed"
- Anton LaVey
  •