Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Surgical Sperm Retrieval or Sperm Bank?

Started by XiaoMei, January 27, 2015, 05:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XiaoMei

What's the advantage and disadvantage or both for MTF's?
I read up about the Sperm Bank and I am horrified! I did not know that you had to.... Do that! I don't want to do that!

So, I am now considering Surgical Sperm Retrieval, but is this a better alternative? I'm not really interested in having children, but you never know, so I want to store some away just in case.

What would you do?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  •  

Jaz650

Following! I wouldn't do "that" neither! Nasty!!

You must be true to yourself, in order to be true to God! - Jaz
  •  

mac1

Quote from: XiaoMei on January 27, 2015, 05:45:39 PM
What's the advantage and disadvantage or both for MTF's?
I read up about the Sperm Bank and I am horrified! I did not know that you had to.... Do that! I don't want to do that!

So, I am now considering Surgical Sperm Retrieval, but is this a better alternative? I'm not really interested in having children, but you never know, so I want to store some away just in case.

What would you do?

You mean that you have never done that? Sometimes you have to do that which you find disgusting.  Maybe you can find a girlfriend to help you.
?
  •  

Leila

The surgical option is not favourable, unless you want bed rest for a week and a risk of infection down below and the feeling of tender nuts for a few months.
Nobody's perfect ...   I'll never try,
But I promise I'm worth it, if you just open up your eyes,
I don't need a second chance, I need a friend,
Someone who's gonna stand by me right there till the end,
If you want the best of my heart, you've just gotta see the good in me.
  •  

Jennygirl

I didn't even know there was a surgical option. Interesting. I imagine it is quite pricey? Sounds really invasive considering the other option using standard biological functions.

If you can handle it, I would recommend the sperm bank. I did it and it was super easy.

Quote from: mac1 on January 27, 2015, 09:14:21 PM
Sometimes you have to do that which you find disgusting

This

...except I do not find it disgusting, so perhaps I am a bit biased
  •  

Jaz650

I can't do it, it feels really wrong to me. Is there any way to find out if I am infertile without doing that?

•  

Leila

If your testicles have greatly shrunk, then there is a high chance you are infertile and only surgical intervention will confirm this via mTese/testicle biopsy and through the course of such a procedure if they find any viable sperm collect it for banking.
Nobody's perfect ...   I'll never try,
But I promise I'm worth it, if you just open up your eyes,
I don't need a second chance, I need a friend,
Someone who's gonna stand by me right there till the end,
If you want the best of my heart, you've just gotta see the good in me.
  •  

Jaz650

Thank you! I might just go with adoption. Either way they will be my children. :)

•  

kast

Wow I also didn't know there was a surgical retrieval option for this... ouch! Apparently it's a needle straight into the testicle. The disadvantages would be that! :o Also the normal risks for any surgical procedure and anesthetic. If you have not been under anesthetic before, be aware that some people can have bad reactions to it, even death (very rare, sorry just have to mention one of those fineprint things).

May I ask what you assumed would be involved in going to a sperm bank?

•  

XiaoMei

@Jaz; Agreed.

@Mac1; What girlfriend? Even if I was in a relationship, I wouldn't let her/him touch my sacret parts, haha.

@Leila; Prefer that over the sperm bank.

@Jennygirl; There are things that are easy for some people and hard for others unfortunately.

@Kast; From my understanding you will have to play around with your sacret parts to store away the sperm. Yeah... I'd rather not do that. Not for religious reasons or anything (if that wasn't obvious). I've had surgery on my arm before when I was a child because I snapped the entire bone completely in half so I think I'll be fine :).

•  

sh1982

I dont want to judge anybody and i think that anyone should do as they please and i have thought about these options to but decided against it because i think i would way to complicated for the child that would be born.I think sometimes people( not only us but also gg's and gay couples) only think of what they want themselves and their wishes without taking in consideration what kind of effect it could have on the child.I know there are some of us that undergo transition after they have children but i think that is a bit different then having a child afterwards, i think it makes everything way complicated for the child the to understand maybe in the end he or she will understand but there are also children that will have serious issue with it.
  •  

kelly_aus

Quote from: sh1982 on January 31, 2015, 04:30:26 PM
I dont want to judge anybody and i think that anyone should do as they please and i have thought about these options to but decided against it because i think i would way to complicated for the child that would be born.I think sometimes people( not only us but also gg's and gay couples) only think of what they want themselves and their wishes without taking in consideration what kind of effect it could have on the child.I know there are some of us that undergo transition after they have children but i think that is a bit different then having a child afterwards, i think it makes everything way complicated for the child the to understand maybe in the end he or she will understand but there are also children that will have serious issue with it.

I'm yet to meet a child who has an issue with me.. But then, most kids haven't yet 'societal expectations' imprinted on them yet..
  •  

mrs izzy

Hmmm let me think about this one .

A probe in a surgical setting or.

Take matter in my own hand.

Sorry hand wins.

Just my nickel
Mrs. Izzy
Trans lifeline US 877-565-8860 CAD 877-330-6366 http://www.translifeline.org/
"Those who matter will never judge, this is my given path to walk in life and you have no right to judge"

I used to be grounded but now I can fly.
  •  

Jaz650

The thought of touching myself makes me nauseous, add that with me being Catholic, definitely not sperm bank for me. I'm choosing adoption, but if I had to choose, I'd go with the surgical option.

•