Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Making hair grow faster.

Started by Equestriaghoul, April 29, 2015, 10:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Equestriaghoul

I really need some help! I'm 18, but I'm still living with my parents, and with summer getting closer, they were probably going to complain about how long my hair was, and my dad's idea of a trim is really a buzz cut, and I want things to go smoothly until I'm moved into my own apartment, so I decided to cut my own hair with scissors, but I got it shorter than I meant to. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how to make my hair grow longer. it usually takes about 8-10 months to get where it was, but I'd rather not wait that long, I can't even look in a mirror now.

I'm not looking for tips that you've just heard, I'm looking for things that have actually worked for you.

I know that hair is mostly protean, so I'm going to try and eat more of that, but what has worked for you(you've probably guessed that I'm biologically male, and if you've read any of my posts in other places, you'll know that I'm not on hormones yet.)?

Thank you for your time.

P.S. I don't know if it matters, but I'm white, the reason I'm mentioning this is because when I looked for tips on google, I saw tips that were meant for black people.

•  

Kova V

Actually getting a trim with a Sharp pair of hair-only scissors can help. If you want to cut it yourself, don't just use any old paper-cutting scissors. If your father has an electric trimmer, it may have come with a pair of shears/scissors also. You can also get a decent pair of hair shears/scissors on Amazon or at a corner drug store. Doesn't have to be expensive, it just needs to not be used for anything except trimming hair - or it will get dull and mess up your ends.

The idea is you really want to maintain good ends. Split ends lead to frizzy hair, knots and breakage. Also using a desent conditioner and not over shampooing your hair will help. If you want nice and long hair you have to take care of it.

As for eating protein or taking vitamins, I'm not a nutritionist so I opt out of that question!  ;)

-Kova's tip of the day-
  •  

Equestriaghoul

I was told that the thing about trimming your hair was just a myth, and anyway, I'm not cutting it any more.
  •  

Kova V

Yep, technically doesn't make it grow faster, it just helps you preserve the length you Do have. The same with not stripping your hair by over shampooing it, or moisturizing hair with conditioner.
  •