Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Its getting easier

Started by Rad.Child, February 09, 2015, 10:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rad.Child

Okay so over the last few days, maybe a week or so I have been passing with less effort which in itsepf is a great thing and a huggee confidence booster for me and im sure many of you aswell. My friends and S O compliment me on my looks fairly often which is nice because I am really hard on myself in regard to my appearance. This week two things stood out, My best friends boyfriend found out that I am trans and was suprised because of how pretty I am, interestingly enough he based his oppinion of my appearanxe off of my Facebook photos prior to meeting me, which are all pre transition photos. This had me in a very smily and giggly mood and i felt great for the rest of the day, a few days later my best friend was talking about me with her roomate and accidentaly used my male name which naturaly confused her roomate. With my permission she explained to her roomate that I am transgender and her roomatewas very supprised by this aswell,  proclaiming that for a boy trying to be a girl I was doing a great job. I suppose it could have been worded better but hey, Ill take it :) Anyway I am very curious when some of you realised passing was possible and how it made you all feel .
  •  

suzifrommd

Quote from: Rad.Child on February 09, 2015, 10:08:47 PM
Anyway I am very curious when some of you realised passing was possible and how it made you all feel .

One of the greatest moments in my life. I had just gotten the wig I have now, which helps me pass far better than the old one. I went to a party, and the door was answered by a friend who had known me for 10 years and who knew I had transitioned (but had not met my female self yet) and knew I would probably be at the party. I could tell by the look on his face that he had no idea who I was. Even though he KNEW a trans woman was coming to the party, he still didn't see me as a man.

That gave me an extraordinary amount of confidence.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

Muffinheart

That's an awesome feeling! Good for you. Day by day, your confidence will rise.

For me, the point when I knew I passed was the day I changed from caring what people thought, to not caring what people thought. Early on, I never believed the person in the mirror was me. I couldn't take compliments, and I put myself down. Then, some time later, something clicked, and all of a sudden I believed who i was.
I still have a chcukle when people compliment me.

My best moments for passing were two I recall:
Being a grocery lineup, little girl behind me with her dad...she looks at me and says "mama?". Her father said, no, mommy is at home. Lol.
Second one is when women ask if I have children and I say one daughter but she doesn't live with me. Two times someone said, "oh, she's with her father".
  •  

sam1234

When I first starting passing, I was surprised at how easy it was. I never had much of a chest, and I'd been lifting for a few years. It does give comfort.

Sam1234
  •  

Rad.Child

Suzi thats an awesome story! Go you ^^ hehe and Muffinheart I definetly do the same thing with compliments you used to. The time with the little girl made me laugh haha thats adorable! :) and Sam keep it up! I bet your very handsome :)
  •  

sam1234

Thank you. That was a really nice thing to say. Back at you!

Sam1234
  •