Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

excited and scared

Started by Stanna, February 20, 2015, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stanna

Well, I have my first session with my therapist next Wednesday! Makes this all seem very real. I' am little anxious, but I know this is what I must do, so I can figure out what direction my life will take. Wish me luck!

Hugs, Stanna
  •  

Mariah

Relax and be yourself. You will be just fine. I was extremely anxious coming into my first session and everything turned out just fine. It went away once we got started.  Good Luck and Hugs.
Mariah
Quote from: Stanna on February 20, 2015, 10:36:07 AM
Well, I have my first session with my therapist next Wednesday! Makes this all seem very real. I' am little anxious, but I know this is what I must do, so I can figure out what direction my life will take. Wish me luck!

Hugs, Stanna
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

JoanneB

Be brave. You know you are doing the right thing, for YOU. Don't be afraid to say the things you dare not think, much less utter out load.
.          (Pile Driver)  
                    |
                    |
                    ^
(ROCK) ---> ME <--- (HARD PLACE)
  •  

Stanna

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Hugs,  Stanna
  •  

Ashley1212

Hi Stanna,  I to have just started therapy. I have only been twice. I was just like you anxious and nervous. Just be open, talk about all thing you have been thinking about but never been able to talk to any one else about. Enjoy it. Also give us an update to how it goes. Ashley
  •  

DeanJulian

•  

Stanna

Well my first session with my gender therapist went very well. I was able to relax and just be myself, which felt very good. A little part of me was hoping she would tell me that I was not trans and shoo me out the door. That did not happen, quite to the contrary. I am going to do 16 weeks of counseling and I hope during this process I will choose the direction to take my life. If had to choose right now, I would say lets get this ball rolling. Well baby steps for now. Thanks for listening.

Stanna
  •