Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

make up questions

Started by CaptFido87, January 09, 2015, 05:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptFido87

Hey I just got some of my make up kits in and really want to start getting a hand at this. Now I can tell just from watching videos online that I clearly bought some weird/ possibly wrong stuff. I got one kit that is like a mix of eye liner stuff and lip gloss. It came with 2 smaller "sponge" brushes and 2 smaller brushes. another thing I got is a mascara set of sorts. its got those big eye lashes which may be a little more than I need. I also got some neutrogena make up remover wipes and a small mirror.

I wanna know if I bought the right kind of stuff and what else I need. I know I need to get some facial stuff and brushes but Idk what exactly. I wanna get some lip stick but still lost on that. I need to get a storage thing too for all of this stuff. I shouldn't have to worry about nail polish as I probably "Borrow" some from my sister. Geez who knew being a woman was so complicated.

I also need to know how effectively the clean up process is. If I get caught with a stained make up on my face It could cause some trouble. Some videos show girls who's lips are permanently shaded like whatever color they last used. The eyes were similar in effect too.

Any help would be really helpful in these beginning steps for me.

Love,
Marty (Sammi)
Hi I'm Marty. I'm a MTF Transgender who wants nothing more than to finally let Samantha (Sammi) come out and play.

As of: 03/07/2015
  •  

CaptFido87

Ok so I tried my hand at putting on make up the other day. The results were better than I had hoped. I only had mascara, eye shadow, and lip gloss but I felt I did pretty good. The mascara was probably the hardest part, because it was an older tube. So as soon i tried to put it on my lashes kept getting stuck together. Also the mascara was sticky. Every time I would blink or close my eyes the mascara would leave lines on my face. so I'll need more practice with that/ or a new mascara. the eye shadow turned out pretty good in my opinion. I took some pictures I'll probably post tomorrow. In the pictures my friend noticed that my shadow went almost up to me eyebrows :embarrassed: lol whoops. They looked good but you could still see some skin color by the eye lashes part. I guess I need to get one of those pencils to fix that. finally my favorite part was the lip gloss. my lips looked so shiny and plump. they turned out excellently. I guess I'm gonna be one of those lipstick girls lol :P oh well.

Can't wait to get the rest of my stuff for a full facial make over.
Hi I'm Marty. I'm a MTF Transgender who wants nothing more than to finally let Samantha (Sammi) come out and play.

•  

CaptFido87

Hi Folks,

So I've changed this into a topic for posting my updates on my make-up practice. So far I feel I'm doing alright, but I've got a lot to learn still. It's very tough to do eyes stuff still. That being said I'll post a few of my better pictures. I you want to see more of them I can pm you a link to my photobucket page.

Enjoy them folks.

This one of my first attempts at make-up. Not too bad actually. Pretty pinkish lip gloss and a darker shade of bronze for eye shadow. No mascara.

Here's another one on just eyes. I did a nice blueish color for eye shadow and put some mascara on. I put on way too much shadow I was told but still learning. Mascara was hard to do at first and my lashes kept getting stuck together.

Here's the same time from the first picture. Here I decided to wear my my wig and see how I look. Damn I look good, can't wait until the HRT Kicks in lol.

Here's one with out the glasses. Getting used to contacts again will take some time but It'll certainly make me look way better with them.

•  

Jessica Merriman

This girl has some of the best tutorials I have seen yet. Check her out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hQYKQGY4Gk&index=15&list=WL
  •  

CaptFido87

Thanks, and just by judging at the before and after picture. She Knows what she's doing. Can't wait to learn from her.

•