Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Will shaving prolong average male-pattern hair growth?

Started by audr3y, February 22, 2015, 06:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

audr3y

Hi,

I've searched everywhere for this but can't seem to find any information abuot this. I've been on E for 4 months now, and as of few weeks ago I'm on Triptorelin. I presume that my testosterone levels are down to average female range (although that's not my question). My question is, does shaving keep the hair growing thick and in places where it shouldn't be growing since the drop in testosterone? Would waxing/epilating it now (since the hormones dropping to the desired range), actually make it grow back the way you'd expect it to grow if I've always had low testosterone? Does it even make a difference whether I wax/epilate or shave? People write that over time they have to shave less and less, and eventually not at all. But does this process not encourage the existing hair to stay where they are?

n.b. I don't mind having hair on my body. I think women who don't shave are cool and sexy. BUT, I just don't want it to be as thick and dense as it is, and I don't want it in certain places at all (CHEST).
  •  

LordKAT

Shaving has no effect on hair growth.  Waxing or epilating can lessen the hair since it pulls it out by the root. It doesn't mean it is done for permanantly  though.
  •  

audr3y

Quote from: LordKAT on February 22, 2015, 06:14:20 PM
Shaving has no effect on hair growth.  Waxing or epilating can lessen the hair since it pulls it out by the root. It doesn't mean it is done for permanantly  though.

Thanks for the reply.I know that this is the case given stable hormone levels, but is this still true when horomne levels change? From what I know about hair, the change in hormone levels will reflect on hair pattern only after the hair fall out. Shaving a hair will encourage continual growth of that hair since it never reaches it's terminal length. So from that perspective I assumed that pulling it out will speed up the change that is supposed to happen with hormonal changes. Or do you think it still makes no difference whether or not I shave or epilate. I'm asking because I'd rather shave than epilate some parts of my body but I won't keep shaving if it means that the cahnges will take longer to happen...
  •  

kelly_aus

I found that until I removed the hair, it remained growing as it was - dark and thick.. Areas that I had waxed either didn't come back after a couple of waxings, or it came back as fairly typical vellus hair. Actually removing the whole hair, root and all, seemed to be the thing that caused the change..
  •  

audr3y

Quote from: kelly_aus on February 23, 2015, 08:22:32 PM
I found that until I removed the hair, it remained growing as it was - dark and thick.. Areas that I had waxed either didn't come back after a couple of waxings, or it came back as fairly typical vellus hair. Actually removing the whole hair, root and all, seemed to be the thing that caused the change..

thanks :) Yeah, I figured that this might be the case but couldn't get any info about it. There is a lot about it generally but not much about it combined with change in hormone levels.

I just tried to wax and got so frustrated at it that in the end I think I will just let my hair grow naturally as it wants to. Eventually it will look how I want it to, but for now, I'm sick of causing myself pain in order to fit into ridiculous expectations that are placed on women's bodies.

•