Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Make big changes

Started by Renata, March 17, 2015, 08:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renata

Hi another bit of a ramble, it is like I kept things bottled up for so man years I just want to scream. I think I know that I need to lose weight before I even think about transitioning. I am obese, well morbidly obese but I track a TON of that to depression, I was depressed and I binged.

I want to change because I want to have the opportunity to show the world the person that I am inside.

So here is my confession, I have eaten myself to a weight of 390. I am definitely flirting with serious health problems but I feel more at peace in my own head then I have in years just by accepting myself for who I am.
I'm big on setting goals so here is mine I am going to drop this weight!

•  

Cyber Warrior

Good for you! I am overweight as well (about 400 pounds) and I want to lose weight as well too. Although at the moment I am more concerned about trying to find a job in a small town. I wish you the best of luck!
  •  

awilliams1701

I honestly don't know how big I was pre-acceptance. I was at least 200. Last night I was shocked to see 169.2. That's the first time I've been under 170 in a LONG time.
What did I do to get here? I quit eating fastfood every day for lunch. I got Adkin's and Smart Ones meals instead. I still indulge in chipotle every friday though. I still snack, but I've cut it way back. I think the key is not just cutting out everything that you love that doesn't help, but eating it in moderation. Its much easier to loose weight when you can still eat things you love.

Good luck to you. I hope you reach your goals.
Ashley
  •  

sam1234

Besides the health issues, getting  your weight down will make your surgeries easier for the surgeons.
You wouldn't be the first one to use food as a comfort when things weren't going right.

Besides a diet, check with your Dr. as to what sort of exercise program you can do. Just walking a mile or two a day will start you burning more calories. When you exercise, your body burns more calories not only while you are exercising, but afterwards as well.

i wish you luck. You have a specific goal as to why you want to lose the weight, and that gives you something to  work towards.

sam1234
  •