Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Best brand and color of foundation for my skin to hide beard shadow.?

Started by PsychedelicSage, June 08, 2015, 12:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PsychedelicSage

That's me with a bit of Dermablend on, but it doesn't hide my shadow very well.

WHat other brands and colors would be good for me.?

And does anyone here shave with a safety razor/DE razor.? Do they give closer shaves.? Right now I'm using a Gilette Fusion. I've read about people raving about safety razors, saying how amazing they are compared to multi-blade cartridge/disposable razors.

One final question, is facial hair growth reduced at all (no matter how little) after only one treatment of electrolysis.?
Started HRT on 4-14-15 but it was DIY.
Started real prescribed HRT on 7-22-15 c:
  •  

Valwen

i have been playing around with all types of foundation, liquid and powder I find that both are needed for any real coverage and then its this balancing act, too dark a color especially with light skin and it gives your face a tanned look, too light and it requires far too many layers to cover everything and looks like your wearing heavy make up. I have only gotten a few test runs in but so far its mostly just guessing and wasting money

I really hope a few laser treatments down the line this will be easier to hide and I wont need to drowned my face in foundation just to not have a visible beard well in my case its more visible razer burn due to decades of frequent shaving.

as for electro it only hits a very small number of hairs in a hour session so one treatment is unlikely to make a visible change.

but looking foward to other replies

--Serena
What is a Lie when it's at home? Anyone?
Is it the depressed little voice inside? Whispering in my ear? Telling me to give up?
Well I'm not giving up. Not for that part of me that hates myself. That part wants me to wither and die. not for you. Never for you.  --Loki: Agent of Asgard

Started HRT Febuary 21st 2015
First Time Out As Myself June 8th 2015
Full Time June 24th 2015
  •  

angiegurl

Regarding electrolysis - The hair will not grow back if the root ball comes with the hair once it is zapped and removed. That is what I was told and have experienced during my own electrolysis sessions. Another factor is it depends on how much facial hair you have to start with. If you have a lot then naturally more than one session will be required to see a big difference. If you don't have that much hair then your results will be better.

To find the right foundation color use the back of your hand. Apply some foundation to the back of your and and see how it blends in. If it blends well you have found your color.
Angie

•  

CaseyN

I tried "Maybelline New York Fit Me Foundation" awhile back, and it hid day-old thick stubble pretty well. Granted, I could feel it if I rubbed my face, but the mirror didn't show it. I bought it because it was really cheap at the time, and it blew my mind how well it worked.
  •  

Jennygirl

You could try adding a dab of light orange lip gloss as a first layer- it will help cancel out the slight bluish tint from beard shadow. Then you can use a shade lighter concealer for the upper lip on top of that. Be very sparing with the orange, a little bit goes a long way.

I used Cover FX cream foundation (concealer) for beard shadow, and I still use it as a touch up concealer. Works well for my skin! Dermablend didn't work for me at all, it gave me insta cake face.
  •  

Mariah

Cover FX is amazing stuff. It's the brand that I started out with as a concealer. Also a full coverage foundation that has buildable coverage is a must to help add to what Cover FX has done. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

antonia

Ditto to what Jenny and Mariah are saying, reddish/orange lipstick hue under and then liquid CoverFX over :)
  •  

PsychedelicSage

Thanks girls  :D  But I found a solution.

I started shaving with a safety razor and that makes my face totally baby butt smooth, so my shadow is reduced a bit by that.

And I now use Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous three in one concealer with dermablend, and use LA Colors orange lipstick underneath that with great results. c:

Started HRT on 4-14-15 but it was DIY.
Started real prescribed HRT on 7-22-15 c:
  •  

januarysunshine

Just a quick chime in...Back when I was transitioning, I wish they had IT cosmetics! They're got a nice red-neutralizer for any blemish/irritation issues, and their byebye under eye works magic for covering as your final concealer....it clings to skin and looks like skin, not concealer.

To cover shadow, I recommend an old stand by from ben nye...try that as a base layer, and blend with a brush like the one that comes with the IT cosmetics red neutralizer... Then use the IT bye-bye on top of the ben nye(that rhymes lol)...and gently stipple your foundation of choice overtop...be sure to blend the edges well.

Please please avoid eletrolysis if you can!! I regret ever ever having done it!!! I had holes for several years from where I had it done, and then white splotches. It took years and treatments to reverse the damage...All I needed was to have a couple of sessions with an alexandrite or ruby laser and I was gold. I hate electrolysis and think they should all be outlawed! There's enough laser technology out there that nobody should ever have to have holes in their face to get rid of unwanted hair.
  •  

barbie

If home or professional laser are not an option for you, then you may pluck all of the beard hairs by using very sharp tweezers. They will grow again in a month. Then pluck them again if you can see.

barbie~~

Just do it.
  •  

barbie

Quote from: januarysunshine on July 02, 2015, 09:40:58 PM
Just a quick chime in...Back when I was transitioning, I wish they had IT cosmetics! They're got a nice red-neutralizer for any blemish/irritation issues, and their byebye under eye works magic for covering as your final concealer....it clings to skin and looks like skin, not concealer.

To cover shadow, I recommend an old stand by from ben nye...try that as a base layer, and blend with a brush like the one that comes with the IT cosmetics red neutralizer... Then use the IT bye-bye on top of the ben nye(that rhymes lol)...and gently stipple your foundation of choice overtop...be sure to blend the edges well.

Please please avoid eletrolysis if you can!! I regret ever ever having done it!!! I had holes for several years from where I had it done, and then white splotches. It took years and treatments to reverse the damage...All I needed was to have a couple of sessions with an alexandrite or ruby laser and I was gold. I hate electrolysis and think they should all be outlawed! There's enough laser technology out there that nobody should ever have to have holes in their face to get rid of unwanted hair.

In my case, Tria home laser gave me satisfactory results.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Sapphire87

A little trick i had learned early on was to use bronzer along your hairline and down onto your jaw.

Worked amazingly for me, my friend was doing my makeup one day and was amazed at how it just made all the stubble disappear
~~Jennifer~~
  •  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: PsychedelicSage on June 28, 2015, 02:52:05 PM
And I now use Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous three in one concealer with dermablend, and use LA Colors orange lipstick underneath that with great results. c:

The LA Colors orange works well for me as well, plus, my local dollar store carries that brand so it's cheap-cheap!
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

januarysunshine

Quote from: barbie on July 03, 2015, 03:21:46 PM
In my case, Tria home laser gave me satisfactory results.

barbie~~
Agreed! Tria is awesome, especially if you're just touching up spots that the pros missed, and if you want to clear your vag or wherever, you can do it at home without having to be inconvenienced. Just a tip for girls interested in Tria, if you're doing body-work, do it after a shower...loofah, shave, dry gently, and go to town with your Tria. For some reason the shower opening the pores allows the light to penetrate easier--it's not as powerful as the pros lasers, but it really does work with a little time and patience--and no holes in your face!!!:)
  •