Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

SNL starbucks spoof. What do we think about this?

Started by suzifrommd, March 29, 2015, 07:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suzifrommd

Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

Jill F

SNL took a nosedive after Tina Fey left. 

They should try hiring writers that are actually funny.
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

well it is not as terribly degrading as some things I have seen on TV, let us just say that.
Shawn Sunshine Strickland The Strickalator

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

Ms Grace

Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

BunnyBee

It didn't make me mad, but it also was just not funny.
  •  

Lady Smith

I'm not sure what it is that I've just watched. 
  •  

tracy176

•  

evecrook

they took a nose dive when Bill Murray and  Dan Aykroyd  left, Oh wait a minute , I think that was 40 years ago.
  •  

ChiGirl

There's a good concept of making fun of corporations who try to do the kind of outreach Starbucks tried.  And I got a few chuckles out of it.  But it still bothers me. 

I will say this about the current SNL: Kate McKinnon is Da Bomb!  Best crazy eyes in the biz.
  •  

marsh monster

Yeah, after '80, things went downhill in the funny department. loved it when John Belushi, Chevy, jane, dan, etc. were on it. Haven't seen a new one in more than 30 years myself.
  •  

Tysilio

It's been taken down and the account terminated. No can see.

Quote from: Jill FSNL took a nosedive after Tina Fey left.

They should try hiring writers that are actually funny.

No kidding. Actually, it hasn't been that funny since Gilda Radnor left. Tina Fey (who is funny) was sort of an aberration during the time she was there.

Never bring an umbrella to a coyote fight.
  •  

BunnyBee

The best SNL cast was the one that was on when you were 15 years old.  It's a proven fact.
  •  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: BunnyBee on March 29, 2015, 10:06:46 PM
The best SNL cast was the one that was on when you were 15 years old.  It's a proven fact.
I'm reasonably sure that isn't true. It wasn't on the air yet. :(
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

skin

I thought it was funny and showed how silly the Starbucks campaign was.

There is no bigger American tradition than to complain about how the current SNL cast isn't as good as back in the day.
"Choosing to be true to one's self — despite challenges that may come with the journey — is an integral part of realizing not just one's own potential, but of realizing the true nature of our collective human spirit. This spirit is what makes us who we are, and by following that spirit as it manifests outwardly, and inwardly, you are benefiting us all." -Andrew WK
  •  

BunnyBee

Quote from: skin on March 29, 2015, 10:36:30 PM
There is no bigger American tradition than to complain about how the current SNL cast isn't as good as back in the day.

This is also a proven fact :)
  •  

evecrook

Quote from: skin on March 29, 2015, 10:36:30 PM
I thought it was funny and showed how silly the Starbucks campaign was.

it's not complaining when it's a scientific immutable fact
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

Another Proven Fact is, Ghostbusters III will be a flop and pay little or no homage to the Classics with Billy Murray and Dan Akroyd. I fear it will most likely be a fact
Shawn Sunshine Strickland The Strickalator

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

Jill F

That was 1984-5 for me.  Umm, no.
  •