Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Help?

Started by hathathat, March 19, 2015, 02:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hathathat

Hello!
So recently my best friend told me that he is a transgender(FtM), and I am trying to be as supportive and helpful as I can, but the truth is that I don't know that much about all of this, and neither does he. We're trying to figure it out together. I have been reading a lot about it , but is there anything we would need to know, or some helpful tips that would help us?
  •  

Athena

Hi hathathat welcome to Susan's. First I wanted to thank you for being supportive of your friend, that is probably the most important thing you can do to help your friend. Something your friend will likely want to do is find a qualified gender therapist they can help guide your friend down the correct path for them. Otherwise I hope you can find information you are looking for here.
Formally known as White Rabbit
  •  

LordKAT

Welcome to Susan's.

Support is a great thing. You could ask him to join here as there are many here who have been where he is. It is always good to not feel alone in the journey.

The information here and the people who can be new friends are all good reasons.

Don't forget to care for yourself as well as your friend.

Here are site rules and some answers to often asked questions.

•  

Laura_7

You could have a look here for a few thoughts that might help:
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,184963.msg1644776.html#msg1644776

Would you mind telling from which country you come from, there might be additional resources ?

Its very good you are supportive...
well I'd say talk about it with each other...

and keep asking questions... alone writing might help... and people here will try to support you :)

hugs
  •