Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Posting a pic from photobucket

Started by Newgirl Dani, February 27, 2015, 02:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newgirl Dani

Can someone tell me how to post a photo within a thread, without leading the viewer to the photobucket site when they click on the pic?  Thanks   Dani
  •  

Ms Grace

I don't have any experience with Photobucket - but that seems to be what happens. Can't you just use the direct URL of the jpg?
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Devlyn

I use the bottom link on photobucket with the IMG tags already attached. It only displays the one picture. Here's what the code looks like, I added the three asterisks to break it so it doesn't display.

[IMG***]http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y537/DevlynMarie/20150215_135502_zpse4ee09a4.jpg[/img]

Same code without the asterisks!

I hope that helped!

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Devlyn

I go the image I want, then select "View links" this brings up four choices: Direct, html, email, and IMG. I copy/paste the one that says IMG on it right into the post. If it still links to the whole album, it's probably your photobucket privacy settings. I'll look at what you post.
  •  

Devlyn

I did the same thing to your code as mine, the three asterisks break it up so it won't display, then with the asterisks out, you have an image that clicks bigger but doesn't link anywhere. 

Edit: Removed link.
  •  

Newgirl Dani

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on February 28, 2015, 12:36:18 PM
I go the image I want, then select "View links" this brings up four choices: Direct, html, email, and IMG. I copy/paste the one that says IMG on it right into the post. If it still links to the whole album, it's probably your photobucket privacy settings. I'll look at what you post.

I see where there is a difference in what we do.  I dont click "view links" as they are already listed over on the right hand side, so I just click on the IMG one at the bottom, it turns yellow for a sec, then says "copied", then I arrow back to Susans right click between the brackets, click paste, pic is there.  So I will look at the privacy settings, never been there.  Thanks
  •  

Devlyn

You don't need the tags, photobucket attaches them for you when you use the IMG one.Just paste it straight into your post.
  •  

Devlyn

I'll clean up all your linking information in my posts once we get this worked out.  :)
  •  

Newgirl Dani

GOT IT!!!  Hey Devlyn Marie, you have unbelievable patience, thanks so much.  I found out what I was doing wrong, sort of by accident, I allowed the cursor of go over the 'individual' pic, and I saw "share link" (which individualizes the link to that one pic.

Before I was clicking on the pic I wanted to share, then when that 'one' pic was shown, I clicked on the IMG link on the right.  Now I understand that that link is meant only for linking to EVERYTHING in your albums.

Jeez, and we got this done while I still have hair left  ::)  You can clean up the parts you want, but I'm going to leave some of mine here in case another has the same difficulty.  Thanks again.   Dani
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Newgirl Dani on February 28, 2015, 01:31:11 PM

There is an extra set of img tags, that's why the little blue placeholder is there, I took it out for this post.
  •  

Devlyn

I'd say you've got it, it stays on this page now instead of going to your account.
  •