Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Communities & Resources?

Started by I_zack, March 24, 2015, 02:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I_zack

Hi there.  As you can probably guess, I'm very new to all this, so I apologize in advance for stupid questions/thoughtless turns of phrase.  I'm trying hard, and learn quickly. :)

I mentioned this in the "Introduction" thread, and was hoping for some pointers.  I am middle-aged and very new to my non-binary nature (although in retrospect it's clear it's been inside me a long, long time and I've just been pushing it aside/denying it/pretending it's not the case--I'm sure folks can relate).  I have no current plans to transition or even cross-dress, but it's not impossible that may change as I continue to get adjusted to my new perspective.  In the meantime, it's mostly discovering new things that I enjoy during sexual play, new types of physical bodies and presentations I'm finding myself attracted to, ways I would like my own body to be sexually different, etc.

As such, where is a good support community/forum for newbies like myself?  This set of Forums overall seems like it might be good, but I'm not sure where to dive in; it's all a bit daunting.  And I very much don't want to do something stupid, something equivalent to, say, using the word ">-bleeped-<", but am very aware I probably will.

So any suggestions?  I'm already working through Kate Bornstein's "My New Gender Workbook" and am finding that very helpful.  What other suggestions might folks have?

Thanks.
  •  

mrs izzy

I am guessing that you have done a self assessment on your non-binary feelings.

Still being this path can be such a daunting path and find a therapist to help you explore all these feelings.

Reason I mention this finding that balance is hard on ones emotions and having a support system is truly needed.

I wish you luck, look around the Non-binary section if that's where you Identify.

All questions are worth asking. Just review the TOS that was given to you at the interdiction and you should fair well.

I guess it comes to more what your ask over how you ask.

Hugs
Mrs. Izzy
Trans lifeline US 877-565-8860 CAD 877-330-6366 http://www.translifeline.org/
"Those who matter will never judge, this is my given path to walk in life and you have no right to judge"

I used to be grounded but now I can fly.
  •  

Laura_7

Hello and welcome *hugs*

You could have a look here for a few thoughts that might help:
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,185096.msg1646042.html#msg1646042

I'd say take the time you need... its a process, but many gone it before and succeeded, and people here will try to support you.

And you might keep asking questions, alone writing might help getting a clearer view on a few things....

hugs
  •