Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Online therapists.

Started by Equestriaghoul, May 29, 2015, 05:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Equestriaghoul

I think I've already made a post like this, but I REALLY need help.

I'd like to be on hormones by early next year, but I still haven't found a therapist.

I've found a list of therapists in my city on psychology today, but there aren't many of them, and I have a feeling that I'll have to talk to more than one before I can get an appointment.

I've searched online gender therapists on google, but the problem is that it'll usually say that they are licensed in one or to particular states, and I haven't seen any for Indiana. Not all of them say where they are licensed, and I'm going to ask them, but are there any online therapists that you KNOW are licensed in Indiana?

Thank you for your time and I'm sorry that I come here every time I have a problem, but I don't know anyone in person who can help me.
  •  

Laura_7

You could have a look here:
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php?topic=187135.0

and if in doubt ask.

You might ask them beforehand how long it usually takes them until they write a letter for hrt.

The other route is informed consent, where endos going that route have to be found.
There are more endos meanwhile than on the list.
https://www.susans.org/wiki/index.php/Informed_consent
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php?topic=141941.5;wap2

But imo a good therapist is a good idea anyways .

hugs
  •  

warlockmaker

Hi. I used 2 therapist recommended by This a forum and both were just excellent. I found that they really want you to be sure and while you know yourself you are still initially a stranger to them. They care that you make the right decision so it may take a few sessions. With a prescription you should be able to order what you need online. The drug rules on hrt have been eased however, this can be sorted out by the therapist.

I do not want to endorse any specific ones as we are all different and while they were wonderful for me this may not apply to you.
When we first start our journey the perception and moral values all dramatically change in wonderment. As we evolve further it all becomes normal again but the journey has changed us forever.

SRS January 21st,  2558 (Buddhist calander), 2015
  •  

FTMax

Is there a particular reason why you need them to be licensed in Indiana (maybe for health insurance reasons)?

I used two online therapists (one in NC, one in the UK) and both would have been able to write me referrals for hormones and surgery despite the fact that I live in Virginia.

Unless you're looking for a sanctioning body to complain to or your insurance will only reimburse you for local/in-state resources, there is really no need to look for someone licensed in a particular state when you're using an online therapist. They have all the same abilities of an in-person therapist.
T: 12/5/2014 | Top: 4/21/2015 | Hysto: 2/6/2016 | Meta: 3/21/2017

I don't come here anymore, so if you need to get in touch send an email: maxdoeswork AT protonmail.com
  •  

Equestriaghoul

I thought they could only help people in the state(s) that they're licensed in.

This makes it a little bit easier, thank you.
  •  

FTMax

Quote from: Equestriaghoul on May 29, 2015, 10:36:13 AM

No problem, I believed the same thing when I was looking for one and got really depressed/frustrated about it. So don't worry about location - just find someone who fits you and what you need!
T: 12/5/2014 | Top: 4/21/2015 | Hysto: 2/6/2016 | Meta: 3/21/2017

I don't come here anymore, so if you need to get in touch send an email: maxdoeswork AT protonmail.com
  •  

iKate

Quote from: Equestriaghoul on May 29, 2015, 10:36:13 AM

BNope. I live in NJ and my therapist is in NYC. I do see her in person for most of the sessions though.
  •  

King Malachite

I used an online therapist from Florida, and I am in South Carolina. This was for my top surgery.  As long as they have their proper credentials, it shouldn't be a problem unless you are dealing with insurance.   I would ask the doctor you plan on going to if he/she would accept an online therapist letter just in case.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •