Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Bea's self-introduction

Started by Beatriz, April 03, 2015, 09:52:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beatriz

Welp. Hi everyone, I'm Beatriz from Brazil, you can just call me Bea for short.  :)

Quote from: Beatriz on April 03, 2015, 06:42:15 AMUhm, so, hi guys. I've been lurking on Susan's for quite a while already, probably about 2 years?, but only decided to register for an account now. I'm MTF, 18 years old. I started HRT 9 months ago, been living full-time for a little over a year. I do pass nowadays with anyone I talk to, people often stare at me still, but if I talk my voice kind of makes me pass by default.
(I ended up introducing myself on another topic)
I don't know if you're supposed to talk about if you're full-time and on HRT or not in an introduction, but welp again.

I guess I'm very lucky in a variety of ways, as I got to start transition early - people still stare at me like I'm some otherworldly monstruous being, but I'm sure it'll help a lot in the long run. Except for singing, my voice really sounds great right now, and I have a mother who accepts me and is helping with transition!

Yeah I know, talk about luck.

I didn't have the same luck with the rest of my family, but just having one person who's truly on your side is more than enough, and many trans people are denied even that. In Brazil, it's really common for you to be kicked out of your house and be pretty much forced to go into prostitution once you're out. :(

80% of Brazil having the general mindset of Florida or Virginia is a good comparison.
People still find excuses to call you subhuman even if they aren't religious though

And well, other than that, I don't know?

I'm Christian: I'm not going to proselytize or try to shove any ideals down other people's throat, since I've had enough of that done to me in the first place. But my church does accept LGBT people, and it feels great to be able to believe or not believe in what you want without being stoned for it.

Looking forward to staying with you guys and gals. Thanks for the help you all have given me without knowing all this time. If you'd like to know anything about how transgender issues have been going in Brazil, feel free to ask away ;)

Bea
Just call me Bea for short~.
Body under construction.

Since I tend to write too much, I often use bold and italics to try and give focus to the parts I judge more important. This is not meant to be offensive in any way.
  •  

Mariah

Hi Bea, welcome to Susan's. No problems in regards to that what people put in their intro posts varies greatly. Congrats on being on them that long already. Families are a mixed bag. Some except and some don't. Sorry that your's wasn't exactly supportive. True one person can make all the difference. Good luck and I look forward to seeing you around the site. Hugs
Mariah
Quote from: Beatriz on April 03, 2015, 09:52:21 AM
Welp. Hi everyone, I'm Beatriz from Brazil, you can just call me Bea for short.  :)
(I ended up introducing myself on another topic)
I don't know if you're supposed to talk about if you're full-time and on HRT or not in an introduction, but welp again.

I guess I'm very lucky in a variety of ways, as I got to start transition early - people still stare at me like I'm some otherworldly monstruous being, but I'm sure it'll help a lot in the long run. Except for singing, my voice really sounds great right now, and I have a mother who accepts me and is helping with transition!

Yeah I know, talk about luck.

I didn't have the same luck with the rest of my family, but just having one person who's truly on your side is more than enough, and many trans people are denied even that. In Brazil, it's really common for you to be kicked out of your house and be pretty much forced to go into prostitution once you're out. :(

80% of Brazil having the general mindset of Florida or Virginia is a good comparison.
People still find excuses to call you subhuman even if they aren't religious though

And well, other than that, I don't know?

I'm Christian: I'm not going to proselytize or try to shove any ideals down other people's throat, since I've had enough of that done to me in the first place. But my church does accept LGBT people, and it feels great to be able to believe or not believe in what you want without being stoned for it.

Looking forward to staying with you guys and gals. Thanks for the help you all have given me without knowing all this time. If you'd like to know anything about how transgender issues have been going in Brazil, feel free to ask away ;)

Bea
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Beatriz

Quote from: Mariah2014 on April 03, 2015, 09:59:34 AM
Hi Bea, welcome to Susan's. No problems in regards to that what people put in their intro posts varies greatly. Congrats on being on them that long already. Families are a mixed bag. Some except and some don't. Sorry that your's wasn't exactly supportive. True one person can make all the difference. Good luck and I look forward to seeing you around the site. Hugs
Mariah
Ty :)

The rest of my family does make me feel bad, but mom's always been more important to me than all of them together anyway... so I do consider myself very lucky in that regard.

She's my family, she and the other few people who accepted me. And thanks to her, I didn't have to go live God knows where; it's also thanks to her that I could afford to start transition at all, or live full-time at all. I can only be grateful ;w;
Body under construction.

Since I tend to write too much, I often use bold and italics to try and give focus to the parts I judge more important. This is not meant to be offensive in any way.
  •  

Mariah

Your welcome. I know how that goes my mom is probably the most supportive one in the family with a couple others close behind. I'm glad to hear yours has been a huge help and support to you. Hugs
Mariah
Quote from: Beatriz on April 03, 2015, 10:09:17 AM
Ty :)

The rest of my family does make me feel bad, but mom's always been more important to me than all of them together anyway... so I do consider myself very lucky in that regard.

She's my family, she and the other few people who accepted me. And thanks to her, I didn't have to go live God knows where; it's also thanks to her that I could afford to start transition at all, or live full-time at all. I can only be grateful ;w;
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Beatriz

Quote from: Mariah2014 on April 03, 2015, 10:16:11 AM
Your welcome. I know how that goes my mom is probably the most supportive one in the family with a couple others close behind. I'm glad to hear yours has been a huge help and support to you. Hugs
Mariah
Same here, thanks for the warm welcome :-*

Quote from: V M on April 03, 2015, 11:46:43 AM
Hi Bea  :icon_wave:

Welcome to Susan's  :)  Glad to have you here, join on in the fun

Here's a few quick links to help you along

Please be sure to review

Hugs

V M
Thanks! I've already been given those guidelines by Ms Grace in my first topic and read them. Your welcome is very appreciated :)
Body under construction.

•  

Devlyn

Hi Bea, welcome to Susan's Place! I live near Boston. Looking forward to seeing you around the site!

Hugs, Devlyn
  •