Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Minecraft Server is Shutting Down

Started by Matthew, April 01, 2015, 05:41:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew

Due to the bandwidth it takes up, I am sorry to announce that the minecraft server is shutting down. I want to thank you all for your contributions and your time spent there, it will be gone but never forgotten.

-Matt

APRIL FOOLS! :)

The minecraft server is fine, what I needed to announce was not only the winner of last months Town In a Box Contest, but Aprils contest *woo!*

So, this month our minecrafters had an entire month to work on their entry for this month's contest, they were each given a large box and told to build a small town inside. Needless to say, we had some great entries! Log onto the minecraft server (enter susans/org in the IP field) to see for yourself!

Before we get to the winner, let's have a look at some of the other entries. We had an amazing Pokemon Village from PurpleCrown, a super cute Smurf Village from sallius (Releca) and an awesome Hobbit Village from Skyler.

Congrats everyone! These look great!

And now I'm happy to announce that the winner March's Town in a Box Contest goes to *drum roll* .... minxijinxilynxie for her amazingly intricate Bahx!

Let's take a look at the winning entry ....

Wow! Amazing work minxi, next time you log on you will see the server fairy has left you your prize :)

Now, as if the news here couldn't get more exciting, it's time to announce April's Contest!

This month, I am giving all you minecrafters two weeks to take the most creative, funny, rare or dangerous Minecraft Survival Selfie! Seeing as we are settling in our new survival world, I am challenging you to take it to the limits!

The rules are that you must be in the survival world on the Susan's Place Minecraft Server , it must be you taking the image and it must be your own! Here is an example of what a usual minecraft selfie would look like...

but I expect your entries to be 10x crazier!

Submit your entries to me via forum PM, if you have any questions, PM me!  :D

So, what are you waiting for?
-Matt
  •  

Devlyn

Well played, Matt! You had me hook, line, and sinker. Bahx? Is Minxi from Rhode Island?

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Cindy

You horrible young man!

Love you to bits.

Cindy the fish with a hook in her mouth
  •  

Ms Grace

Well, you had me. ;)

And no one's complimented me on my beautiful new avatar... :P
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Cindy

Pugnacious?

I seriously think Matt has to clean up the staff room for the next 6 months.
  •  

Matthew

I think your new avatar is wonderful Ms Grace *flutters eyes at*

Teehee, got y'all!
:D
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Ms Grace on April 01, 2015, 05:57:55 AM
Well, you had me. ;)

And no one's complimented me on my beautiful new avatar... :P

Well, we're not used to seeing you with black hair!   <running away>

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

minxiejinxielynxie

Matt making me panic, gosh!
Thanks so much for voting me as the winner :D

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on April 01, 2015, 05:46:29 AM
Well played, Matt! You had me hook, line, and sinker. Bahx? Is Minxi from Rhode Island?

Hugs, Devlyn

I'm not from Rhode Island actually haha (wish I was though!), I just called it box as i couldn't think of any good names for a box city!
I'm actually across the pond in Northern Ireland (United Kingdom), but I watch a LOT of American television haha
If I had my own world, I'd build you an empire
My Instagram
  •