Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Facial hair shadwo

Started by Heather Erin, November 24, 2014, 03:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather Erin

Does anyone have tips for concealing beard shadow? Is there a decent concealer that one can buy?
  •  

Mariah

Cover FX was the first I used and I wasn't able to switch away from that one tell after my second laser session. It's not cheap, but did a great job. Others maybe out there, but a lot of it will depend the rate of facial hair growth, color, and density of what you have.
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

big kim

Derma blend,not cheap and tricky to use but it works if done correctly.I used a concealer,Lichener Camera Clear foundation and translucent powder.Cheaper,just as good and easier to use.Get the foundation etc to match your face not the back of your hand!
  •  

Heather Erin

•  

dahliasimone1981

I was just lead to this site today, in trying to find the same answer! Apparently, red lipstick works wonders....I'm definitely gonna give it a try!! I have some Dermablend but....on my skin, at least, its so unnatural looking.
  •  

spooky

Quote from: dahliasimone1981 on January 26, 2015, 01:26:52 PM
I was just lead to this site today, in trying to find the same answer! Apparently, red lipstick works wonders....I'm definitely gonna give it a try!! I have some Dermablend but....on my skin, at least, its so unnatural looking.
Full coverage makeup will always look like makeup.  There isn't a whole lot you can do about it.  A lot of people swear by MAC Fix+ as a final step over makeup to give a more natural look, though I have never tried it.
:icon_chick:
  •  

DrummerGirl

I use Graftobian HD creme foundation in the color Peach Blush as a concealer.  It neutralizes my shadow completely and blends perfectly with my skin so I can use it alone without any other makeup when I go running.  I only need to use a tiny amount so once it's on, no one knows it's there.   As a bonus, it seems to be pretty waterproof.  I hesitate to recommend it though since I have no idea if it will work this well for anyone else.  For reference, I have black facial hair and my skin is cool with pink undertones.

•  

Lucyx

If you use an orange lipstick under your foundation in the area where you get a shadow, this will reduce the grey/blueish shadow as orange cancels out blue in the colour chart. Then apply a heavy coverage foundation and set with powder once finished. It is fairly heavy but until you have had a few laser sessions it will help prevent that shadow.
My fashion/beauty blog :)
www.lucybannerman.com
  •