Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

One of my biggest fears...

Started by EliReidE, June 28, 2015, 11:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EliReidE

I have been a vocalist all my life and once I start hormones (I'm ftm) I know my voice is going to change.  And I'm excited for my speaking voice to change.  Like, really excited.  But...I'm afraid I'll lose my singing voice.  Has anyone else gone through this?  If so, did you lose your singing voice or did it just change as your vocal chords changed?  I'm a little afraid to lose one of my big hobbies.  Of course, I do plan to continue practicing and such as I go through the transition but I want to know if there's anything I can do to prepare for this or better my voice as it changes.  Thank you.

Dena

There is no way to determine what will happen to your voice. When mine went through it naturally, it broke into so many pieces I didn't think it could be used for singing so I never tried. I am now finding that with training i could have made something out of it. You already have the training and ear but there remain a question if the voice will be good enough that you want to show it before others. My naturally male voice Ranges between 80hz up to about 230 hz with the falsetto. The ranges overlap a good deal allowing for transition between the voices over a wide range. Much of the work will be figuring out what music and what key works with the voice.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Katie

Ok I'm excited. I did get to talk to one of the girls that had her surgery at the beginning of this year. Her voice FLOORED me!!!!!!!!!! Meaning she sold me instantly!!!!!!!!!!!
  •