Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

My doctors jaw dropped today

Started by gothique11, August 09, 2007, 01:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gothique11

So, I went to two doctors today, my family doctor and my Endro. It was the first time I was seeing the Endro (which took forever to get in, and I had to get a special letter from the Gender Clinic). Basically he said that the stuff I'm on is working great for me, so he's not going to change the meds that my family doc put me on. He was actually quite impressed with my development. He looked at my breasts and said, "are those yours? no padding?" And I said yes, and then I flashed him. LOL

Anyway, he said that I'm doing good and that I've got it made and that I'm pretty put together.

Then I saw my family doctor who had my recent blood results and he was amazed at the levels. My T levels were low to begin with, lower than most people he's seen, but this time they were almost zilch -- basically my body isn't producing much T and what is being produced is being blocked really, really, well. I'm on quite a low dose of Spiro -- half that of what is normally taken. He's been really impressed all along, but now he just can't believe it. He's never seen anyone else with such great results; he's not sure even why the pills are working so well or why my T dropped even more since my last visit.

My estrogen levels were just as phenomenal. I switched from horse pee (permarin) to estrace (Estradol), and my levels are 100x what they were. I'm not sure if I can actually mention the levels, but they were pretty high (like a teen-aged girl would have). So, he was impressed with that.

He just can't believe how good my results are and how healthy my body is over all. He works with a lot of trans girls and he's never seen results like mine, especially on the doses that I'm on for spiro. "Well," he said, "I guess this is just another thing that says you were meant to be a girl."

So, I was pretty happy that my doctors were happy, and that my levels are awesome. With that news, and things moving forward with getting SRS I'm feeling great (I just waiting for the second letter, and then waiting on the waiting list for surgery in Montreal).

•  

Alexandria

Congrats Gothique11 (is that your real name ?)

I saw my Endo today, and also had a good report !
We should have a virtual celebration !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep the E high
And the T low
Let your body fly
and your spirit flow

(I know, kinda sucks,,,,,,but try rapping it and it comes out OK)

•  

gothique11

Quote from: Alexandria on August 21, 2007, 04:12:18 PM
Congrats Gothique11 (is that your real name ?)

Of course not, it's Natalie. :)
  •  

Rachael

i remember the 'oh boobs' thing with my doc, he was rather suprised! :)
last time i saw an endo, i was physically examined, and he was shocked at my progress too. Its so validating, to see yourself come together, finally getting some luck.
We ARE the lucky ones Nat :)
R :police:
  •  

Sara

Congratulations, yeah the boobs dont just impress the male doctors, my endo is female and she told me I have bigger breasts than her. When she felt them she said wow there is a considerate amount of breast tissue in there and then blushed and told me I was a lucky girl to have a large B cup.

Sara.
  •  

gothique11

Quote from: Ell on August 28, 2007, 11:39:20 PM
Gothique, that is so great, right? (i hear the horse pee is really potent)

I didn't like the horse pee and it didn't like me.

may i ask a bunch of personal questions now, such as

1) how do you take the Estrace -- shots, oral, gel, patch, subdermal or...

I just put it under my tongue and dissolve the Estrace. Some people do it, while others do not. I grew a cup size since I started on Estrace. I do not know of all of my levels are from the Estrace or my own body making estrogen. Technically, with the amount I'm taking, my E levels shouldn't be so high. I know people who take much higher amounts than I do, and don't get to my level of E. The doctor has no idea why my E has shot up so dramatically, or even how it is possible. I have just been taking my dose, half in the morning and half at night. I haven't had anything extra or play around with my dose at all.

2) how long were you on Premarin

I think seven months. I found that the estrace really clicked with me and physically I started changing better/faster with no side-effects like Premarin had. I will note one thing, since I was swallowing Premarin and it was a low dose, it probably didn't release much estrogen. I grew one cup size while on Estrace, and getting to the point that I'll have to bra shop for a larger size soon.

3) what is the total time you've been on HRT so far

One year, and a few weeks.

4) do you also take an anti-androgen?

Yep. Although, I had the dose cut in half since I was wiping out all the T from my body (which isn't as good as it sounds). Most people are on a higher dose than me, but the doctors don't know why my T levels have been consistently dropping, even with the same dose.

5) what is a healthy serum level for you?

I don't know. It really depends on the person. One shouldn't compare their levels to mine. Feminization is the goal, not level comparing.

While on the Premarin and Spiro, my levels balanced out at: T 2.5 and E 155
While on Estrace, and same Spiro dose: T 0.5 and E 1050
I haven't been taking any extra medication, and the doctor isn't sure why my T dropped and my E has gone insane.

6) what is your breast size  (sorry! inquiring minds want to know!)

Good question. My B cup is killing me, so I think I need a small C or a C with a push up. I no longer can wear B push up bras, no room. I wear a 36 B now with no padding, but in the last couple of weeks my breasts have been hurting and really pushing up inside the bra.

Also, one shouldn't compare themselves to me. Cup size has a lot to do with genetics. E levels are not everything, and my body is probably just dumping out my excess E levels.

congratulations and keep up the good work!

-ell

You're Welcome,

Natalie :)
  •