Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

I cannot hold my bladder.

Started by Snöfrost, March 21, 2015, 11:44:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snöfrost

I am currently over 6 weeks post op. And I have a "problem" that I supposed is common among post op, especially in the beginning, and that is that I feel that I cannot hold my bladder and have to go to the toilet more frequently than pre op. I have to keep in mind that I cannot drink anything for about 2 hours before I go outdoors. Whenever I feel that I have to empty my bladder, I have to go. It's really that bad a couple of incidents have already happened at home.

How long did it take for you until you noticed an improvement? Can I do anything myself?

•  

mrs izzy

It does happen sometimes.  As the swelling goes down it might improve.

Also be on watch for a uti for these can also cause the feel or need to void more often.

Always check with your surgeon or family doctor.

Sometimes kegel exercises can be improved also to help. And also fun.  Lol  >:-)

Mrs. Izzy
Trans lifeline US 877-565-8860 CAD 877-330-6366 http://www.translifeline.org/
"Those who matter will never judge, this is my given path to walk in life and you have no right to judge"

I used to be grounded but now I can fly.
  •  

2cherry

How is your control over the PC muscle? it's very important to learn to control it. Can you stop peeing on command? if so, then you can control that muscle. If you can't, you can learn to control it by trying to stop in the middle of peeing.

I know it's a delicate process, going too soon and you lose muscle control, go too late and you lose muscle control. I kept a schedule after surgery: I allowed myself 3-4 hours in between to relieve myself.

1977: Born.
2009: HRT
2012: RLE
2014: SRS
2016: FFS
2017: rejoicing

focus on the positive, focus on solutions.
  •  

Snöfrost

Quote from: 2cherry on March 21, 2015, 06:44:21 PM
How is your control over the PC muscle? it's very important to learn to control it. Can you stop peeing on command? if so, then you can control that muscle. If you can't, you can learn to control it by trying to stop in the middle of peeing.

I know it's a delicate process, going too soon and you lose muscle control, go too late and you lose muscle control. I kept a schedule after surgery: I allowed myself 3-4 hours in between to relieve myself.

I can stop peeing, but it takes a few seconds until it stops. And I have to squeeze really hard to do so.

•  

2cherry

Kegel exercises are the way to go then...  :)

1977: Born.
2009: HRT
2012: RLE
2014: SRS
2016: FFS
2017: rejoicing

focus on the positive, focus on solutions.
  •  

Cindi Jones

Get checked for a yeast infection too. You may get them from time to time now. And they can be wickedly hard to get rid of.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

SarahAdcock

Good discussion!

I had trouble adjusting to a shorter urethra (it may also be simply recovering the trauma of surgery?).  My body seemed to expect there to be a longer tube and I found it easy to misjudge until I got used to it

HRT (or at least I think that's what it is...) seems to correlate to needing to go more often with less warning as well for me

Cheers
Sarah
No matter where you go, there you are
  •  

Cindi Jones

Someone I know had a very bad time with this years after her surgery. She had a kink in her urethra AND almost continuous yeast infections. She had to have it straightened. I don't know exactly how they did that.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

pretty pauline

It's a good discussion but very personal, I remember suffering incontinence for over a year after the srs, having to wear pads, panty liners etc. It did eventually clear up, but after all these years I still can't hold it like before. When I had the guy equipment I could hold it forever, but now I can't hold it for long, when a girl has to go, I've got to go, I've got use to it over the years, I guess it'a all part of being a woman, that's just my experience. When I see a queue outside the ladies, it drives me nuts.
If your going thru hell, just keep going.
  •