Waxing at home
0 (0%)
Waxing with small strips
0 (0%)
Other (please specify below)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Jacqueline

If you have the time, I would love specific additional information.

I recently had a consult with an electrolysis technician. I was originally going to see about having all my body hair done as well. She advised me to wait till I was on a regiment of HRT. That would thin and decrease body hair. So at this point, I am just looking at electrolysis for the face to start. Now, some of my questions for those of you going through this in real time or having already done it.

Type of razor?  I have been using a very old safety razor and shaving soap and a brush on my face for about 2-3 years. I find if I do it daily, I can get much closer and smoother than with a multi blade razor. However, it is intimidating in spots I can't see so well. I recently trimmed off and shaved my legs, torso, underarms with a Venus razor with 3 blades. It felt nearly stubbly the next day. I assumed it was a dull blade or like my face, it needs to be done again. What are your choices of razor and how smooth do they get you?

What are the favored chemical depilators, where and why. Does it last longer than shaving?

My Electrolysis technician said she does not like when hair is pulled from below the skin(waxing, epilators, plucking). She said that the roots grow back with thicker hair. Have any others found this to be true. I am right on the edge of saying, "Ah, it hurts but it's not that bad?" I have been trying a a Silk Epil 5 in small areas. Any thoughts?

I left room for other but that is for clarifying the poll. I am really looking at temporary removal options.

thanks so much for your thoughts and time.

With gratitude,

Joanna
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

awilliams1701

I tried veet. It works, but it stinks. Its better than shaving, but not as much as I would have liked.
I've done epilators. I can get away with once a week.

My problem and the reason I've gone back to regular shaving is that I get ingrown hairs like mad no matter how much exfoliating I do. I'm going to do full body laser at some point. I'm already on my face. Legs are the next priority since that's where the in grown hairs are worst. Its not too bad on my arms, but I would rather not have to deal with it.
Ashley
  •  

Jacqueline

awilliams,

Thanks so much for your response. I know everyone is different, which is why I was hoping to get a number of responses. Anyone else?

Thanks in advance,

Joanna
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

emyrinth

good grief where do I start? Well for one I'm really hairy and it grows super fast. Depilatory creams are near useless for me even with regular use I was stubbly the next day, same with razors. The only thing I have not tried is waxing and the only thing that has worked for more than a day or two so far is an epilator.  Everything else left stubble. I will say on your face I can get just as good of a shave out of any razor you give me, its all about the technique which is what you learn from a double edge safety razor.  I used a Weishi handle with Feather blades and regular shave gel. I want to get waxed but my anxiety keeps me from taking that step. I may buy one of the home kits...
  •  

suzifrommd

I use a Revlon Ladies' shaver. I tried epilating, but my skin would break out and be irritated. I went through 4 rounds of laser (out of the 8 that the company promised but went out of business halfway through), though that and HRT gave me enough diminution that my body hair is no longer a big deal.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •