Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Discovery Life's "New Girls On The Block" explores transgender identity

Started by stephaniec, April 11, 2015, 03:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephaniec

Discovery Life's " New Girls On The Block" explores transgender identity

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/11/new-girls-on-the-block-discovery_n_7043546.html?utm_ref=transgender

The Huffington Post/by James Michael Nichols   04/11/2015

" What is it like to be transgender in Kansas City, Missouri?"
" A compelling new television show from Discovery Life will tell the story of a group of women and friends, all in different stages of their lives in relation to their transgender identity . Called " New Girls On The Block," this five-part series will premiere on Saturday, April 11 and focus on portraying the experiences of these trans individuals in an authentic light."
  •  

ainsley

So, anyone been watching this show?  I have and I am having trouble identifying with any of the girls on the show.  There are a few situations that a couple of the girls face that I can relate with, but really not much for me to relate to overall, unfortunately.  I had high hopes for it, too.  Maybe I am too old.  None of the girls seem to have children, only one is married, and only one holds a professional position in the workforce.  The production does leave me wanting, too.  Some of it seems quite staged, and other parts are contrived emotional encounters.

My 2ยข
Some people say I'm apathetic, but I don't care.

Wonder Twin Powers Activate!
Shape of A GIRL!
  •