Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Rough skin from shaving! =[

Started by Hoosha, April 18, 2015, 09:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoosha

=[ Hi, I'm a transgender woman and I got sideburns when I was 16 and in the same year started shaving them and then eventually I was shaving them every day and not very well. So the result is that now I have rough, leathery and dry skin there. I'm 20 now. Is there any special cream or skin care regime I can do to fix this? I've been moisturising every morning and night for like a year and still my skin is really rough there. I'm desperate and your help is appreciated! Thanks!
  •  

PsychedelicSage

If I were you I would try buying one of those pumice stones.. you know those fancy lava rock things that people use to get rid of dry/leathery skin and callouses on their feet and sometimes hands by rubbing them with it?

Try getting one of those and seeing if you can GENTLY try to use it to scrape the dry skin off your face, because it's likely just calloused from bad shaving technique.
If it hurts badly or makes you bleed when you use the stone, stop doing it and try something else.
Started HRT on 4-14-15 but it was DIY.
Started real prescribed HRT on 7-22-15 c:
  •