Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

How can I choose certain threads to be ignored/marked as read?

Started by King Malachite, April 30, 2015, 10:40:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Malachite

I used to be able to go to be able to choose certain threads and ignore them so I wouldn't have them pop up when a new reply happens.  There used to be a check mark to the right of the "last post" section to aid with that, but it looks like now I can only mark all of them read, which I'd rather not do as I do follow some threads that capture my interest.  Is there a certain way to do this now, or is that feature no longer available?
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Mariah

At the top of the page in the thread there should be a box that you click that says unnotify. Just click on that and that should take care of the issue.
Mariah
Quote from: King Malachite on April 30, 2015, 10:40:40 AM
I used to be able to go to be able to choose certain threads and ignore them so I wouldn't have them pop up when a new reply happens.  There used to be a check mark to the right of the "last post" section to aid with that, but it looks like now I can only mark all of them read, which I'd rather not do as I do follow some threads that capture my interest.  Is there a certain way to do this now, or is that feature no longer available?
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

suzifrommd

Quote from: Mariah2014 on April 30, 2015, 10:43:53 AM
At the top of the page in the thread there should be a box that you click that says unnotify. Just click on that and that should take care of the issue.
Mariah

All that will do is make sure you don't get email. I'm not sure that that solves Malachite's problem.

Here's what I did: Click on Profile and then choose Modify Profile -> Look and Layout. Last option should be "show quick moderation as". Choose "Checkboxes" from the menu.

That will let you ignore boards or mark as read.

Is that what you were looking for?

Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

King Malachite

I couldn't find the "unnotify" box, just the "notify" one, but I did solve the problem!  Under the "Look and Layout, the last part called Show quick-moderation as, and then I switched "none" to "checkboxes" and changed the profile that way.

Thanks ladies!
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •