Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Just got my ears Pierced

Started by PhoenixGurl2016, January 12, 2015, 02:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhoenixGurl2016

So I just realize that it being winter that I could get my ears pierced and just wear a hat till I come out without standing out. I have to say that I am surprised at how well it went. During the whole process I did not get asked why I was getting them done or really getting any looks or comments from other people there. I do realize it is not uncommon for guys to come in, but the style I wanted is a bit feminine. I never had my ears done before so this is new to me. I was hoping to get some light blue ones, but had to go with the white ones to start out. Getting it done was a bit cheaper then I thought and over all I am pleased at the results.  When I look in the mirror I can see more of myself and it makes me all happy :) Here are some pictures:

•  

jeni

Nice! They look great!

I just got my right ear done, about 25 years after doing the left. These days, at least around here, I don't think anyone will think twice about why a "guy" is piercing both ears. I got studs very similar to yours. I would not say they are especially feminine, though certainly more so than the small loop I'd had in place for who knows how many years since last changing it... But I also get a thrill every time I see the earrings in the mirror.
-=< Jennifer >=-

•  

Ms Grace

Nice! I did comment about this a while back in dome other thread - possibly when I got my ears pierced - that plenty of cis guys (straight and gay) have pierced ears and yet we often hold back ourselves from doing the same until just before transition.
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

jeni

It might raise unwanted questions for some people more than others, like if someone has historically been straight-laced and stylistically conservative.
-=< Jennifer >=-

•  

PhoenixGurl2016

Thank you. :) I prefer the studs compared to hoops or "pins", but I may have to try them out.

•  

Mariah

I was kind of surprised I was asked although most of that was why all of a sudden pierce them now. She could see they had been previously pierced before, but had heeled over.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

islandgirl

Congrats! They look great! When I got mine done a week ago, I wasn't asked much other than studs or hoops. I wanted  a small silver loop(actually medical grade steel) but they did"t have matching pair. I went for studs instead, simple silver. I chickened out on a stone or colour. Maybe next time. I went to a piecing studio, recommended by friends, and they used a needle instead of the piercing gun. What did thy use on you? My whole procedure and ear rings were not cheap!

Great to have them! Something I have always wanted, right from childhood!
  •  

PhoenixGurl2016

Thank you :) They used the gun on me and then they itched afterwards, but they feel great.

•  

jessical

I got mine pierced over Christmas.  I was surprised as well, at how few people noticed.  And the people who did notice said "did you get your ears peirced?".  It was not anywhere near the reaction I got when I first braided my hair in public.  I find it fascinating that getting my ears pierced was one of the least noticeable changes I have made.  And my earrings are even light pink!
  •  

JustEmily

I got mine done in September.  My dad noticed last week when we visited and said "what the hell is that?" So I put my hands up to my ears and let out a small scream in mock surprise.  My mother laughed so hard she spit her coffee.
Not all who wander are lost.

-JRR Tolkien
  •  

JenSquid

I know I mentioned this in another post, but I got my ears pierced last Wednesday. :)

I keep thinking about them. The gold studs are pretty, and I'm not used to anything on me being pretty, so it feels like a big deal. ^__^

This is something I've wanted to do for years now, but haven't been able to find the time. I'm not allowed to have jewelry at work for safety reasons, so I've been waiting for an opening to get them done when they can heal. The past few chances I either chickened out, or the weather was awful. This spring break just happened to work out perfectly.

That being said, I'm still looking forward to being able to take them out to sleep. That much is kind of annoying.
  •  

Cindy

Congrats Jen.

After a while you forget they are even there. I can't recall how many times I've had to search through the bedding to find the missing ear ring when I forget to take them out
  •  

pollypagan

Quite a few folk noticed when I went to work with earrings. Well they would. I was a teacher in a West of Scotland Secondary school. But given that I already wore make up, nail varnish, a woman's top, trousers shoes, longish transplanted styled and dyed hair, waxed eye brows; and had undergone nose and eye surgery it was no big deal. I was surprised how painless it was as my wife had told me it was more painful than child birth! Yikes !!
  •  

Cheska

Quote from: islandgirl on January 12, 2015, 04:21:54 PM
Congrats! They look great! When I got mine done a week ago, I wasn't asked much other than studs or hoops. I wanted  a small silver loop(actually medical grade steel) but they did"t have matching pair. I went for studs instead, simple silver. I chickened out on a stone or colour. Maybe next time. I went to a piecing studio, recommended by friends, and they used a needle instead of the piercing gun. What did thy use on you? My whole procedure and ear rings were not cheap!

Great to have them! Something I have always wanted, right from childhood!

Having been around bod-mods and people who work in body modifications for quite a while now. I would always suggest needles due to the health risk possibilities associated with guns and just the gun method in general. Yours look great though AmandaMarie, I hope they healed well. I plan on having mine done at some point soon.
  •