Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Possibility to unsubscribe from the monthly newsletter w/o deleting one's accoun

Started by violet_owl, May 06, 2015, 10:53:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

violet_owl

Hello, I have not been active in the forum for years, but I do wish to retain my profile. I support the idea of sending out a newsletter and thereby also asking for donations, however I find it a bad idea to do so unrespective of a member's recent activity. Sending out a newsletter of which one cannot unsubscribe (neither did I find unsub info in the mailing, nor in the forum's control center) to members who have not posted in years, forcing them to either delete their accounts or receiving a newsletter, seems not particularly fair to me and might be considered bordering to spam. I would like to politely ask that the newsletter be given an unsubscribe option. I sent out an identical request to susan@susans.org 3 weeks ago and obviously I was ignored.
Thanks and good luck with everything. :-)
  •  

Mariah

I'm passing the request on to the admins. I have sent you a pm to the same effect. Thanks
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Susan

The newsletter is not being emailed out. It is sent via forum private message. You have elected to receive notifications of new private messages.

So in order to not receive the newsletter in your email, change the option: "Notify by email every time you receive a personal message," to never.

Receiving the newsletter via forum pm is not optional; so there will be no way to unsubscribe from it.

The Susan's Place Newsletter is sent to all 17,811 members active or not. There is no mechanism that allows me to limit who receives it based on their recent activity, or lack thereof.

I have also responded directly to all of the messages relating to the newsletter, that I have received by email.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •