Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Why This Mom Is Calling Miley Cyrus a Hero

Started by traci_k, May 13, 2015, 07:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

traci_k

Why This Mom Is Calling Miley Cyrus a Hero

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/melissa-mclaren/why-this-mom-is-calling-miley-cyrus-a-hero-_b_7245468.html?utm_hp_ref=transgender

On Huffington Post The Blog
By Melissa McLaren
Wife to him, mom to those two, health provider to the community, and loud advocate mom for transgender families.

Posted: 05/11/2015 4:50 pm EDT Updated: 05/11/2015 4:59 pm EDT

Say what you will about Miley Cyrus but the girl has the ability to accumulate press. And, what I've always loved about her, even when her actions made me cringe, is that she didn't seem to care what other people said or thought. That kind of self-confidence, especially in a girl that age, always blew me away.....

Did you read about it? Can you understand why I am moved to tears by her work? She outlines how 40 percent of homeless youth identify as LGBT and how 1 in 3 transgender youth have been turned away from shelters. She has started an organization to directly help homeless youth, LGBT youth, and other vulnerable populations achieve positive outcomes in their lives.

--------------------------------------------------------
I think it is terrific that Miley has such a heart for helping LGBT youth and fighting homelessness. To me to she is becoming a role model. (Besides, I think she's really cute too.)
Traci Melissa Knight
  •  

suzifrommd

I've always been a fan of hers, even when it was totally gauche. This confirms a general feeling I've had about her.

Thanks for posting this.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •