Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Need some info girls

Started by Summer, May 03, 2015, 05:22:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Summer

Hi girls I'm looking for some info from my Australian sisters or girls in Queensland but the rules should be the same in any state.
I'm getting mixed info in regards to changing my licence I was told you just needed your letter from your doctor or therapist but as I've been told at the transport place I need to change my birth certificate first .
Can someone confirm this or are they full of it.
Mmm confused

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Cindy

You just need a letter from your therapist. If staff say otherwise ask for their manager.

This is Federal Law.

•  

Summer

Tnx cindy that's what I thought

•  

Summer

Ow can I change my gender as well on licence?

•  

Cindy

Quote from: Summer on May 03, 2015, 05:26:31 AM
Tnx cindy that's what I thought

If there is any nonsense tell them they are acting against Federal Law and that you will lodge a complaint.

Some staff have no experience, the rules can be googled. When I changed my medicare status I had to tell the person how to do it. She was fine, had just never met a TG woman before.
  •  

Cindy

Yes, you can change your gender on any official document except your birth certificate, that depends if you are married to a same sex partner.
  •  

Cindy

Oh ATO have to give you a new tax number, but no other body gives a damn. I took 5 mins for my licence, and then the woman taking the pic wanted to take a number so that I looked good :laugh:

We made sure I looked nice, most staff have been very sweet.
  •  

Ms Grace

All I needed to change my license in NSW was my updated birth certificate (and my old licence). Then, once I had my license I was able to use it and my birth cert to change my bank account (they need two forms of ID). From memory I may have needed the license and birth cert for a few other things like Medicare and tax? But certainly never required a letter from my psych or doctor.
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •