N.J. Church Offers 'Help for the Homosexual' {Millville, NJ}

Started by LostInTime, August 29, 2007, 06:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostInTime

Christian Post
By Lillian Kwon
Christian Post Reporter
Wed, Aug. 29 2007 03:35 PM ET

With gay tolerance in America breaking record numbers, according to a recent Gallup poll, and increasing media portrayal of the GLBT (gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender) community which conservatives say is biased, more people, including Christians, are becoming confused on whether homosexuality is genetic or is something that can be "cured."

"I once had a person tell me, 'You think I chose this lifestyle?'" Roggio said. "The implication was that he was stuck. The truth is no one is stuck, no one is born that way."
  •  

Cindi Jones

You know, at least they are admitting that there are people who are homosexuals.

They will join up.  They will be labelled homosexuals in their congregations.  Most will realize that the help they are receiving does not work.  Oddly enough, this effort to re-educate my eventually back fire in a positive way.  It may force a gay individual to face their gayness earlier rather than later.  Unfortunately, it will also really mess up some to the point of massive depression and likely some suicides.

I hope that someone follows the subjects to see how effective this all is.  I doubt that they really want the real results to come out however.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Lisbeth

Quote from: Cindi Jones on August 29, 2007, 11:43:44 PM
I hope that someone follows the subjects to see how effective this all is. 
Reparative Therapy always follows the same pattern.  It's basicly a form of Aversion Therapy that trains the victim, er, I mean client, to pretend that he's not gay.  Cure rates for various types of therapy are measured at set intervals after release.  The cure rate for Reparative Therapy, across the board, is about 3% after 5 years.  That means that 97% of those "cured" go back to their "homosexual lifestyle" within 5 years.  That 97% does not include those who go through the program and come out "not cured."
"Anyone who attempts to play the 'real transsexual' card should be summarily dismissed, as they are merely engaging in name calling rather than serious debate."
--Julia Serano

http://juliaserano.blogspot.com/2011/09/transsexual-versus-transgender.html
  •