Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Trimming body hair?

Started by kelly_1979, May 18, 2015, 08:33:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelly_1979

I'm still a newbie on this, meaning I haven't shaved my legs or body. I was thinking of initially trying whole body trimming (as it seems easier).  I'm close to an ape so shaving right now takes too much time.

Is it a somewhat acceptable way so I can wear girly clothes (ripped Jeans, shirts?) without looking or feelIng too bad?

(My mother will probably be disappointed since she has said how good and manly I am with my body hair, but I don't really care anymore)
Trying to emerge to my real self
  •  

Dee Marshall

When I started trimming I put the clothes on I wanted to wear and shaved where they didn't cover plus a little more. Once you get an area trimmed keeping up goes a lot faster. After HRT for a while it gets easier still. These days I only need to shave my legs about once every two weeks. Haven't be going out female so I purposely left my lower arms as a male tell, however, the day has come, my arms are bothering me and I'll take that hair off today.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Beth Andrea

When I first shaved my chest, it felt like Velcro the next day.

I then shaved one leg (calf) and home-waxed the other...the shaved leg had stubble within two days, the waxed was smooth for a week, then had soft hairs.

I decided to give professional waxing a try...and that's what I did until HRT kicked the hairs off my body.

The whole body might be $300+, so instead do areas...arms +upper chest/back may be $100, legs and lower back/chest may also be $100, Brazilian or bikini may be $40-$90.

Pro waxing generally lasts 4-8 weeks, but usually takes a bit longer to grow out as before.
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

kelly_1979

ok....I just trimmed my chest hair (as I said I was a gorilla) from neck down to almost down there (using hair clippers) for the first time. I wanted to see how it felt like.

You guys were right. It feels so weird now although it's not shaved. The hairs are like 4-6mm long now.
I look almost like a plucked chicken now...

Next step (some other day)....trim the rest of body hair (and if anybody asks I'll tell them it's because I sweat alot).

I can't fathom how I could just shave my body. My body and facial hair is so sensitive...I get cut almost every time I try to shave.
Trying to emerge to my real self
  •  

Beth Andrea

I was pretty hairy too...now there are guys who are INCREDIBLY hairy...I wasn't that bad.

Tips for waxing, should you decide to try it out:

Take one anti-inflammatory about 1/2 before laying on the table.

Do *not* have any caffeine or surgary products for 3-4 hours before table time.

Don't watch that movie with the waxing scene (the one with a "smiley face"). That's not how they do it, shows poor technique etc.

And finally...YouTube has many videos on the waxing process. It is uncomfortable, perhaps a bit painful too...but beauty comes at a cost, right?
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: kelly_1979 on May 18, 2015, 03:58:15 PM
ok....I just trimmed my chest hair (as I said I was a gorilla) from neck down to almost down there (using hair clippers) for the first time. I wanted to see how it felt like.

You guys were right. It feels so weird now although it's not shaved. The hairs are like 4-6mm long now.
I look almost like a plucked chicken now...

Next step (some other day)....trim the rest of body hair (and if anybody asks I'll tell them it's because I sweat alot).

I can't fathom how I could just shave my body. My body and facial hair is so sensitive...I get cut almost every time I try to shave.
Strangely enough, it's not as much of a problem as you might think. Not so many craggy, convoluted areas on the rest of your body. That said, get a woman's Razer. They have guards on them to cut down on nicks.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Ms Grace

Depending on how thick, coarse and dark your hair is shaving is like constant maintenance. I agree with above - better to rip the hairs out by the root. Painful yes but at least the effect will last for a few weeks. It gets quicker and less painful with subsequent waxings - HRT will eventually reduce the hair growth rate and coarseness too..
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •