Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Need your opinion about transsexuals characters in movies.

Started by Meeh, May 29, 2015, 12:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meeh

Hi!! I'm doing a research project for my University (I'm studying in Spain) and I have studied Media&Cinema. I'm doing my research about transgender people in movies and I'm talking about the wrongs and negative representations which help to the creation of stereotypes and in the other hand I need to talk about trans films with a positive way showing transsexuality, with accurates to the reality more or less.

I have a list of more than 100 movies, if someone of you want it, I can post it in a different topic, but there are a lot of films and many of them are not good at all or not easy to find.

So if you want, you could tell me if you have seen a movie with a transsexual character and you really like how it was portrayed, or in the other way if you didn't like it at all.
I know it's something that depends on the person, some representation I can fin it good and others not, but we can give our reasons.

I start by asking you, what do you think about the portrayal in Transamerica (MTF)? or in 52 Tuesdays (FTM)?

By the way, excuse my English.

Mod edit- foul language is against TOS 11
  •