Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Embedding video in posts

Started by suzifrommd, May 23, 2015, 04:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suzifrommd

I've embedded video in posts many times in my thousands of posts.

It seems to involve simply placing the youtube address directly in text of the posts.

Except when it doesn't.

Today I couldn't get it to work. When I hit "preview, all I saw was the video link. No video.

Can anyone shed light onto why it's sometimes so easy and sometimes basically impossible. What could be happening slightly differently?

Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

Susan

Quote from: suzifrommd on May 23, 2015, 04:43:10 PM
I've embedded video in posts many times in my thousands of posts.

It seems to involve simply placing the youtube address directly in text of the posts.

Except when it doesn't.

Today I couldn't get it to work. When I hit "preview, all I saw was the video link. No video.

Can anyone shed light onto why it's sometimes so easy and sometimes basically impossible. What could be happening slightly differently?

Seems to work

Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

V M

That's actually fairly common in my experience in the preview pane but it will usually embed the vid. proper once you hit post   
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

suzifrommd

Thanks.

The take-away lesson is, when embedding videos, ignore the preview and plunge on ahead.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •