Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The strangest call

Started by gothique11, August 30, 2007, 04:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gothique11

So, my girlfriend called me tonight to basically tell me, and sorta ask me if she could sleep with this guy we know. I told her that I was fine with it because I know that the lack of sexual relations in our relationship is very difficult for her, and holding her back and making her feel miserable  for my sake isn't something I want to do. I had told her before that it was alright and we talked about several times.

Our relationship has been very rocky with a lot of ups and downs. I think that we are getting to the point that we both realize that we are going different directions. We still love each other, of course, but I think being close friends would be healthier for the both of us at this moment.

In a weird way, I feel happy for her. Some how excited that she's moving on. On the other end, it was a weird call and even weirder ending the call with both of us saying, "Love you."

I love her enough that I want the best for her; she's growing in her own way and trying to discover herself now. I'm transitioning in my own way too, and trying to find my place as a woman in this world. Being apart is, I think, something that maybe can salvage what we have left before we end up resenting each other. I think we both want to be friends, although.

But yeah, I guess I love her enough to let her go.
  •  

Mia and Marq

I know its tough when you know a relationship is getting to a point where a seperation is likely. I applaud you for caring enough about her to give that relationship the opportunity to end in the best way possible, so that you two can continue to be friends and care about each other. Thank you for sharing these thoughts with me, you've brightened my day a little more.

M&M
Being given the gift of two-spirits meant that this individual had the ability to see the world from two perspectives at the same time. This greater vision was a gift to be shared, and as such, Two-spirited beings were revered as leaders, mediators, teachers, artists, seers, and spiritual guides
  •  

mallard500

Quote from: gothique11 on August 30, 2007, 04:10:22 AM
So, my girlfriend called me tonight to basically tell me, and sorta ask me if she could sleep with this guy we know. I told her that I was fine with it because I know that the lack of sexual relations in our relationship is very difficult for her, and holding her back and making her feel miserable  for my sake isn't something I want to do. I had told her before that it was alright and we talked about several times.

Our relationship has been very rocky with a lot of ups and downs. I think that we are getting to the point that we both realize that we are going different directions. We still love each other, of course, but I think being close friends would be healthier for the both of us at this moment.

In a weird way, I feel happy for her. Some how excited that she's moving on. On the other end, it was a weird call and even weirder ending the call with both of us saying, "Love you."

I love her enough that I want the best for her; she's growing in her own way and trying to discover herself now. I'm transitioning in my own way too, and trying to find my place as a woman in this world. Being apart is, I think, something that maybe can salvage what we have left before we end up resenting each other. I think we both want to be friends, although.

But yeah, I guess I love her enough to let her go.

And for sure, it ain't easy... but you summed it up best in saying that you DO in fact love her enough to let her go...

Oh yeah... we both know that it isn't even UP to you per sae - she could certainly go on her own; but the fact that she cared enough to call and talk to you about it, and that you cared enough to say yes, speaks well for both of you.

From some of your previous posts, it's been fairly clear that you were on different paths, and that if nothing else, your transition was an issue.  But don't put it all on just the transitioning - it sounds as though quite possibly your paths would have needed to part as lovers at some point sooner or later with OR without your transition.

Just take joy in the good things you shared; hold on to what you love in her; and if possible, perhaps the two of you can remain friends, and still share a large part of what attracted you to eachother to begin with.

Best of luck in all of it...

Scott

•