Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Prolactin

Started by Chelsey_Despair, June 02, 2015, 11:05:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelsey_Despair

Hi! Ummm so i'm going into my 6th month on hrt and my t4 levels are way up and my potassium and vitamin d levels are very very low also my prolactin levels are really high and my endocrinologist says that I may have a benign tumor on my pituitary gland... I have terrible anxiety and im also super bipolar so I was taking an snri for it and a few other medications... I had suspected that my snri was really messing with my thyroid and prolactin levels because before I was on hrt I had been in the shower and noticed my chest was swollen and my nipples were really sore and the only thing I had taken that day was my snri... Anyhow i'm off it now because i'm extremely elated to be on hrt! So i'm hoping my bloodwork comes in this month with better results... Anyway i'm wondering is it okay for me to be taking gnc's mega men multi vitamins? And I've read that Tyrosine is good at reducing prolactin levels and that I should start taking around 500mgs of it a day? Also my endocrinologist doesn't have me on any progesterone is this okay? Sooo please anyone that can help with this please reply! My income is coming in tomorrow and I'd really love to buy the right type of multivitamins and other supplements... Thanks,
                                          Chelsey
  •  

Rachel

A good multi vitamin would not hurt.

I take supplemental vitamin D and my blood test show I am in range high. You should ask the doctor how much and what type vitamin D you should take.

Cheese and tyrosine have a link so you might ask the doctor if you should supplement or eat cheese.

Progesterone should be discussed with your doctor. It can help with breast development.

My prolactin levels are high (by test limits) but being monitored by my doctors ( a MD an and PA-C) and they said it is normal. I am on a high dose of E. 

HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

Chelsey_Despair

Thank you Cynthia! I'm on a vitamin d supplement prescribed from the doctor and i'm hoping my blood tests come back more normal this month... Other than that i'm already in the b/c cup range so maybe thats why she isn't putting me on progesterone? Idk I'm hoping everything smooths out because I really don't want to have to come off hrt! Just the thought really upsets me...
  •  

katrinaw

Interesting views on Vit D.... since the ozone layer depletion news and rising Melanoma diagnosis', more and more people are staying out of the Sun... I can vouch for that too!
Anyway there have been noted slight increases in Ricketts Disease (according to my GP - Australia), also that in blood tests across the board there is a trend of vit D stores being reduced over the last 10 years or so... Not seen any records to support that tho..

Just thought I'd throw it out there...

I take Vit D supplements (Caltrate), and have done for quite a few years because I was getting low, although with later blood tests I have halved the intake over the last year or so and stores are still good!
I am not a lover of milk, only Skimmed in coffees, eat other dairy, but not in any reasonable quantities...

L Katy
Long term MTF in transition... HRT since ~ 2003...
Journey recommenced Sept 2015  :eusa_clap:... planning FT 2016  :eusa_pray:

Randomly changing 'Katy PIC's'

Live life, embrace life and love life xxx
  •  

Chelsey_Despair

I feel unbelievably great when I take my Vitamin D its called Ergocalciferal and it's 1.25mgs but its like 50,000 units? So I only take one a week but it definitely works good! I also read there was a correlation between vit d and depression and besides being true to myself ( in regards to devoloping Chelsey...me...lol ) the vit d definitely helps with the depression! The first time I took it I really couldn't believe how wonderful I felt... I still think I must be about to die considering i'm on hrt it's been in my heart since I can remember and I fought it stupidly because i'm sort of daft... But it's here i'm there I did it! On my own after everything I'm living my hearts greatest desire! So sometimes I think yes you're definitely dying or about to die... Lol... I'm not Ms. Sunshine by any means but I've legitimately found my happiness in life and I will do whatever it takes to stay on course! Although I'm not going to front and pretend i'm not the loneliest girl in the world... I lost alot of friends when I opened up including my band... But I suppose people like that aren't detrimental to my happiness? I just wish I knew how to make new friends in real life of course! Ok i'm done whining have a cheeky night everyone! Loves Chelsey
  •  

Dena

Be careful with that Vitamin D as the normal dose is around 500 units a day. It accumulates in your system and a high level is dangerous. I just use a Centrum and one Cortical a day because while I try to eat healthy, sometimes I don't. I always have Orange juice and bananas with breakfast as once in a while I get leg cramps and potassium will prevent them. Good luck at your next doctors visit.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •