Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

SRS with chettawut June 12!!

Started by Jess802, June 04, 2015, 03:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jess802

Staying at Bangkok Rama cottages, getting in tonight, consultation with Dr Chettawut tomorrow, Friday. Sooo tired right now, at Tokyo airport about to catch my connecting flight, couldn't sleep at all on the 14 hour flight here, but my mom and I are troopers. As long as we get there on time :)) so excited!!! Anyone staying at the cottages should get in touch, I'm sure we'll run into each other anyway, or more like hobble into each other :)
  •  

Julia-Madrid

Good luck Jess!  I'm following you in a month, so keep us all up to date with your progress!

Hugs
Julia
  •  

Laura_7

Congratulations and good luck :)

hugs
  •  

treeLB

there are a few of us at the cottages right now. Heather, Sarah (in the clinic ) and I am here
I am in cottage 4084 stop in and say hi. If you knock give me a minute or two to make it to the door.I dont get much sleep so if you want stop in a say hi later tonight when you get here feel free to. 

Theresa
  •  

SorchaC

Good luck and please keep us updated on how stuff goes :)

Quote from: treeLB on June 04, 2015, 05:52:20 AM

there are a few of us at the cottages right now. Heather, Sarah (in the clinic ) and I am here
I am in cottage 4084 stop in and say hi. If you knock give me a minute or two to make it to the door.I dont get much sleep so if you want stop in a say hi later tonight when you get here feel free to. 

Theresa

That is really sweet of you Theresa :) Well done you :) I had 4080 when I was there.

Hugs

Sorcha  ;D
Full Time : July 2007,  ;D ;D
HRT : December 2007,
GRC, (Gender Changed on Birth Certificate) December 2009,  :eusa_clap:
SRS Dr Chettawut March 2015, ;D ;D
  •  

Jess802

Thanks Julia and Laura  :)

I've met some of the other girls here, and have been doing some sightseeing with my mother. Went to the Grand Palace yesterday and going on a canal tour today. I still have 5 days before my GRS, but starting the liquid diet on Tuesday and the dreaded bowel cleansing on Wednesday. Yayyy, lol. I will update this thread with my recovery progress and results.

Jess
  •  

Laura_7

Quote from: Jess802 on June 06, 2015, 06:11:08 PM
Thanks Julia and Laura  :)

I've met some of the other girls here, and have been doing some sightseeing with my mother. Went to the Grand Palace yesterday and going on a canal tour today. I still have 5 days before my GRS, but starting the liquid diet on Tuesday and the dreaded bowel cleansing on Wednesday. Yayyy, lol. I will update this thread with my recovery progress and results.

Jess

How do you like it there and how is the weather ? :)
  •  

Jess802

I like it very much, the hotel and cottage grounds are very pretty, the rooms are nice enough, there is a big super market down the street, and I've got my mother here to help me out. I have now started on the liquid diet, which blows. It is hotttt here, upper 90s Fahrenheit pretty much every day. I've had mostly good weather though, only a couple of rainy days, mostly sunny. Soon that won't matter as I won't be venturing outside for a while.
  •  

SorchaC

Here's the Soi (street) where the cottages are affectionately referred to as Trans Alley

It's mostly peaceful even though there's a very busy road really close by

Hugs

Sorcha  ;D
  •  

Jess802

Just got out of the clinic and back to my hotel this morning :) so glad to be out of that recovery room, but they kept me comfortable and relatively pain free. The nurse staff is amazing! My recovery is going so well, and the results speak for themselves. So glad I chose Dr chettawut, he's an incredible surgeon. At the consultation, he was even unsure of how he could do with my trachea shave, since it was so pointy, but now you can hardly tell it was there! :) and he is very happy with my srs result, I got to see it last night, and I almost cried! All in all, great results and my recovery couldn't be going any better, no setbacks or anything :-D

Julia, what day r u arriving? Will u be at the cottages? I'll be here until July 8.
  •  

SorchaC

I'm pleased you're back in the cottages and doing well, I'll agree with everything you've said about Chett and his staff  :) I hope recovery continues to go well and you get to see some more of Bangkok before going home

Hugs

Sorcha  ;D
  •  

Julia-Madrid

Quote from: Jess802 on June 15, 2015, 11:22:07 PM

Julia, what day r u arriving? Will u be at the cottages? I'll be here until July 8.

Hey, Jess, fantastic news about your surgery results.  I am really pleased for you!!

Huh, I arrive on the 8th, in the morning, so hopefully we will coincide, even if just for a hug and a cup of tea!!

Keep us up to date with your recovery.

Hugs
Julia
  •  

daniellahaumono

Hi ladies

Going off topic here but im here in Thailand staying at the Dusit princess hotel and having FFS surgery with Dr Chetts tomorrow! I feel like i have picked the wrong hotel as it seems everyone is at roma cottage lol i just feels so alone with all these business people around me. Just wish i was with other sisters learning and sharing experience as i am here alone and feel so lost in translation lol
Anyways hope you all heal well and hopefully i can come over to roma cottages to meet you lovely girls
Please message me if you can
Hugs
Danni
  •  

SorchaC

Quote from: daniellahaumono on June 19, 2015, 11:19:28 AM

Hi ladies

Going off topic here but im here in Thailand staying at the Dusit princess hotel and having FFS surgery with Dr Chetts tomorrow! I feel like i have picked the wrong hotel as it seems everyone is at roma cottage lol i just feels so alone with all these business people around me. Just wish i was with other sisters learning and sharing experience as i am here alone and feel so lost in translation lol
Anyways hope you all heal well and hopefully i can come over to roma cottages to meet you lovely girls
Hugs
Danni

Hey Danni, It's a 70 baht taxi ride to Rama and I'm sure the girls over there would love to see you. Maybe they could come over and sit by your pool which I can tell you ladies is pretty nice :) I know it's hard with recovery to go running about but I'm sure a night could be arranged. Hope y'all can work something out. The hotel concierge can get the taxi's

Hugs

Sorcha  ;D
  •  

daniellahaumono

Quote from: SorchaC on June 19, 2015, 08:11:32 PM
Hey Danni, It's a 70 baht taxi ride to Rama and I'm sure the girls over there would love to see you. Maybe they could come over and sit by your pool which I can tell you ladies is pretty nice :) I know it's hard with recovery to go running about but I'm sure a night could be arranged. Hope y'all can work something out. The hotel concierge can get the taxi's

Hugs

Sorcha  ;D
Heyyy Sorcha
That sounds like a great idea. I just hope i get the courage to just rock up there uninvited lol. but hey i may just get bored anough and just do it :)
Thanks for the advise darls
Hugs
Danni
  •  

treeLB

I know one person there that would probably appreciate the company. I will check with her tomorrow and see and send you a pm.

You are going into surgery soon I think :) it will go well Dr. Chettawut is very good and they take good care of you.
  •  

Laura_7

Quote from: daniellahaumono on June 20, 2015, 12:02:56 AM
Heyyy Sorcha
That sounds like a great idea. I just hope i get the courage to just rock up there uninvited lol. but hey i may just get bored anough and just do it :)
Thanks for the advise darls
Hugs
Danni
Don't be shy... they are all sisters.

You could ask a nurse to write down the room numbers of others...
and you might look out in the dining rooms for people with donut cushions, and talk to them..

hugs
  •  

Jess802

Quote from: daniellahaumono on June 19, 2015, 11:19:28 AM
Hi ladies

Hugs
Danni

Hey Danielle, I would pm you if I could but I recently joined and don't have that capability yet. Please stop by sometime, I won't speak for anyone else, but I'd love to have you over sometime, I'm sure it gets lonely by yourself. I am in cottage # 4078 with my mother, and there are others right in the same area :)

As for my recovery, I am 8 days post-op, and this is the first day that I was feeling really good, and got out of bed and was quite active. My catheter came out today, I fiiinally had a b.m. (sorry if tmi, but it is a reality of the first few days post-op) Everything just synched up today and I went from still being in bed and pretty miserable yesterday, to feeling soooooo gooood today!!! Eff that catheter, so done with it :) walked around a bit today, possibly a little too much. Will take it easy tomorrow. second day of dilation, the first couple days r pretty hard, but it's supposed to get better quickly. Sri says all is healing correctly, even though it looks like a jumbled mess down there at the moment. My vj looks is doing well, I'm so happy with the results of the trachea shave, there will be ups and downs in the recovery process, but I'm so happy with how it's going so far.
  •  

SorchaC

Hey Jess :)

So glad you've got past the catheter, I sure holds you back. Things will start healing even better now because you're able to be more positive and get about more.

Lovely gesture to invite Daniella over. I'm sure she's driven to distraction on her own all the time. Hope her surgery went well and she is able to visit soon :)

Hugs

Sorcha  ;D
  •  

daniellahaumono

Quote from: Jess802 on June 20, 2015, 07:43:26 AM
Hey Danielle, I would pm you if I could but I recently joined and don't have that capability yet. Please stop by sometime, I won't speak for anyone else, but I'd love to have you over sometime, I'm sure it gets lonely by yourself. I am in cottage # 4078 with my mother, and there are others right in the same area :)

As for my recovery, I am 8 days post-op, and this is the first day that I was feeling really good, and got out of bed and was quite active. My catheter came out today, I fiiinally had a b.m. (sorry if tmi, but it is a reality of the first few days post-op) Everything just synched up today and I went from still being in bed and pretty miserable yesterday, to feeling soooooo gooood today!!! Eff that catheter, so done with it :) walked around a bit today, possibly a little too much. Will take it easy tomorrow. second day of dilation, the first couple days r pretty hard, but it's supposed to get better quickly. Sri says all is healing correctly, even though it looks like a jumbled mess down there at the moment. My vj looks is doing well, I'm so happy with the results of the trachea shave, there will be ups and downs in the recovery process, but I'm so happy with how it's going so far.
Hi Jess thanks for replying
Glad to hear you feel good and its funny because its my 8th day now post op ffs and i feel so good and hopefully with this swelling all over myself going down i can get out of my room! god knows i need some fresh air asap lol
Well i may just come visit you jess on the 2nd if you are still here but if you are not then i hope you have a safe and beautiful flight back home! Healings and everything goes well for you!
Hugs Danni
  •