Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Reincarnation and Transgender

Started by Jake25, June 19, 2015, 08:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake25

Do you think you were your preferred gender in a previous life? If you don't mind sharing, what was your life like in your previous incarnation?
  •  

JenAco

I think so, I always get flashes of me wearing a fancy dress in what seems like the not too distant past..  Maybe 1700s or 1800s England? Some flashes are of me riding in a carriage.  I have not had any specific things happen, just like a picture popping into my head of a situation.   Perhaps im crazy, or perhaps its true...   It could just be my desire manifesting in a vivid imagination or perhaps its real.   If you are asking it must mean you have similar memories?  Now its your turn to share. 
  •  

Martine A.

I partly believe in reincarnation & karma.
Being transsexual would be either a 'lesson' a soul had chosen to learn, or a punishment, right?
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
HRT - on the hard way to it since 2015-Sep | Full time since evening 2015-Oct-16
Push forward. Step back, but don't look back.
  •  

Jake25

Quote from: michellemartine on June 20, 2015, 05:24:06 PM
I partly believe in reincarnation & karma.
Being transsexual would be either a 'lesson' a soul had chosen to learn, or a punishment, right?

I thought it was so I could see things from a woman's perspective. It could also be a mistake All I see is that I've got a conflict with the body not matching the interior male brain and soul.
  •  

Sammy

I suspect that I was quite efficient as a guy, but was not very nice to other people and probably had little to no respect towards women. So I am leaning towards "punishment" theory.
  •  

Martine A.

Quote from: ♡ Emily ♡ on June 21, 2015, 12:15:23 PM
I suspect that I was quite efficient as a guy, but was not very nice to other people and probably had little to no respect towards women. So I am leaning towards "punishment" theory.
An other way to get there is as a woman who took her own life because she wanted to be a man for power and status.

Yeah, I've got both, but am doomed to imprisonment in my own body.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
HRT - on the hard way to it since 2015-Sep | Full time since evening 2015-Oct-16
Push forward. Step back, but don't look back.
  •  

Evolving Beauty

Once I went to see a psychic and she told me something shocking about why people become Gay and Trans and she explained to me why I became trans. I'd rather tell you in private to avoid offending people here. It's hilarious but makes so much sense at the same time. Check your inbox.
  •  

barbie

I guess I was once a woman in my past lives, but hated it because women have suffered and been oppressed in any society in the world. I probably strongly wished to be born man. At present, I am nearly free from all shackles women typically carry in their life, such as period, pregnancy, insecurity, cooking and cleaning, and all other stuffs. Nevertheless I can enjoy a part of women's life. My feminine body figures is probably a birth mark of reincarnation.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Sammy

Quote from: Evolving Beauty on June 21, 2015, 04:31:55 PM
Once I went to see a psychic and she told me something shocking about why people become Gay and Trans and she explained to me why I became trans. I'd rather tell you in private to avoid offending people here. It's hilarious but makes so much sense at the same time. Check your inbox.

I would love to hear that too!
  •  

Evolving Beauty

Quote from: ♡ Emily ♡ on June 22, 2015, 01:42:36 AM
I would love to hear that too!

Well to cut down short. Let's say she told me that trans people were not fidel with their partners, made many men suffer and was indulging in 'illegal activities' of 'abusing of their bodies' and as a punishment of karma they need to reincarnate to pay back their 'bad debts'. Anyways this is what she told me. The reality is only a very small percentage of trans women in the world have a decent job and decent lifestyle while the vast majority fall into that lifestyle by force of circumstances.
  •  

Lady Smith

Edwardian lady who died on the Titanic, - or so I've been told.
  •  

Colin64

Definitely!  I've always felt that this was my first go 'round with a female body, and frankly, I suck at it.  LOL!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  •  

DriftingCrow

Yes, I believe in reincarnation, but highly doubt I was a human being much of my soul's journey.  In Sikhism, it's believed that your soul must journey through 8,400,000 lives before your soul can enter a human body.  I could've been a human before, but wouldn't be surprised if this was the 1st time I made it to human form.  So, I don't put much into whether or not I was a man or a woman or some other gender, or the male, intersex, or female sex, in a previous life.  Souls are genderless, and I suppose I am trans because my soul remembered that it wasn't inherently "man" or "woman" like western society tries to box you into.

Another thing: I don't like the theory some people put out that being trans could be a punishment by God or through any sort of karma system.  That form of thinking, I think, is so completely based on the line of thinking that comes from what the white, Christian-based, colonists taught the world to think --- to think that being transgender is a bad thing or a difficulty.  In some other cultures, being transgender isn't seen as a bad or unusual thing, it's seen as normal and even celebrated, some see it as a gift from the Creator.  The spiritual world doesn't revolve around what white, Western thinking believes is true.  Everything in our lives could be either a gift or a punishment, but being trans isn't automatically a punishment just because white, Western society taught you to believe it is. 

Ultimately, whether it's a punishment or not doesn't matter to me.  At this moment, I've been lucky enough to have come into human form, and it's time to make the best of it now rather than harping on what may or may not have been the past. 
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

barbie

Interesting.
Yes. It would be closer to teaching rather than punishment.

barbie~~

Just do it.
  •  

Kellam

I don't put my experience of the divine into boxes but nor do I dismiss possibilities. I personally like the notion of being trans as a special challenge offered to certain souls. People have always told me I was an old soul. I know that if I were given a choice I would gladly return to earth and humanity again and again. If my life is eternal I would expect it to be like this go round. Constantly seeking the best in me and soaking in the majesty of existing. Change is eternal and stasis is death.
https://atranswomanstale.wordpress.com This is my blog A Trans Woman's Tale -Chris Jen Kellam-Scott

"You must always be yourself, no matter what the price. It is the highest form of morality."   -Candy Darling

•  

phoenix633

I have been told by some psychics and channelers that I am also an old soul and that my soul has almost always been born in a male body. That this was only my second time being born in a female body and the last time I was born in a female body I had gender issues that I did not confront and also have when born in a male body so this is the exact reason I came into this life. It makes me wonder, are our souls male and female and do most souls usually just stick with the same gender or mix it up. It's fun to think about and I definitely like to think that I will get the cis gender experience again. I used to think man I must have been a real jerk to trans people in the past to end up like this but I think that is just a negative way to look at it. There is a lot of beauty in this life. Getting to see how society treats both genders and really know who I am. Think about how many people go through life without digging deep and getting to know themselves. I know who I am not and I know for sure who I am and get to be an example of someone who is really true to themselves. It is something that a lot of people can be jerks about but a lot of people also really respect trans people from being true to themselves. It comforts me to know that my soul has lived many lives in a cis gendered male body so it a way I am just experiencing something new. When I get down about what I don't have, I just think well I've experienced that many times and now it's time to experience something new and hopefully I'll get that experience again. I think this is a great learning lesson. I know since accepting this about myself and moving forward with things that I am a much more empathetic person and find it easier to relate to people struggling with things out of there control. I don't know if reincarnation is real but I believe in it because it helps me to think I will have a cis gendered experience again and have before.
  •  

barbie

Quote from: phoenix633 on July 29, 2015, 02:46:38 PM
I have been told by some psychics and channelers that I am also an old soul and that my soul has almost always been born in a male body. That this was only my second time being born in a female body and the last time I was born in a female body I had gender issues that I did not confront and also have when born in a male body so this is the exact reason I came into this life. It makes me wonder, are our souls male and female and do most souls usually just stick with the same gender or mix it up. It's fun to think about and I definitely like to think that I will get the cis gender experience again. I used to think man I must have been a real jerk to trans people in the past to end up like this but I think that is just a negative way to look at it. There is a lot of beauty in this life. Getting to see how society treats both genders and really know who I am. Think about how many people go through life without digging deep and getting to know themselves. I know who I am not and I know for sure who I am and get to be an example of someone who is really true to themselves. It is something that a lot of people can be jerks about but a lot of people also really respect trans people from being true to themselves. It comforts me to know that my soul has lived many lives in a cis gendered male body so it a way I am just experiencing something new. When I get down about what I don't have, I just think well I've experienced that many times and now it's time to experience something new and hopefully I'll get that experience again. I think this is a great learning lesson. I know since accepting this about myself and moving forward with things that I am a much more empathetic person and find it easier to relate to people struggling with things out of there control. I don't know if reincarnation is real but I believe in it because it helps me to think I will have a cis gendered experience again and have before.

Yes. You are very positive and optimistic. I also vaguely believe reincarnation, but have not yet met any psychic or channeler. It would be very interesting to listen from them.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Rose City Rose

I don't think I had been female since about the first half of the 18th century.  What followed was several very strife-filled lives as a man.  First there was a life when I was transported to the American colonies from England for some minor crime, then a life where I had a checkered past and took to sailing, then a life when I was an orphan at 14 and died in the trenches of WWI, and possibly a life as a struggling, drug-addicted writer in California in the mid-20th century.

So yeah... considering my luck as a man, my gender transition marks the end of a very, very long losing streak. :laugh:
*Started HRT January 2013
*Name and gender marker changed September 2014
*Approved and issued letters for surgery September 2015
*Surgery Consultation November 2015
*Preop electrolysis October 2016-March 2019
*GRS April 3 2019
I DID IT!!!
[/color]
  •  

Northern Jane

All of the other 'past lives' that I felt any connection to were all female.  My concern with  SRS/transition was that maybe I was supposed to live this life as male - in which case I failed!!!  ::)
  •  

Evolving Beauty

Quote from: phoenix633 on July 29, 2015, 02:46:38 PM

Soul is itself is sexless but they follow patterns. Male souls follow pattern of 2 times male bodies and 1 time female and vice versa.
  •