Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Inside Out--Good movie, but...

Started by Beth Andrea, July 05, 2015, 11:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beth Andrea

Inside Out is about an 11yo girl and what goes on inside her brain....Five main "emotion characters", Joy, Anger, Sadness, Fear, and Disgust.

The five at first operate "solo", where only one has the "controls" of the girl, but soon two of them get separated from the others, and...

At that point I had to leave. Being DID and experiencing what she does (although in her case, not due to abuse, but normal childhood events) caused a major trigger event within. Much of the imagery that is used in the movie was almost exactly how I described my "system" to my counselor, even the sense of dread once the two realize that not only are they separated, but where they are.

It only took me about an hour to recover, but of course I missed the rest of the movie, and because it was a Disney movie, it all ended happily ever after (as expected).

Just be aware if you are very sensitive to such things. Have a safe place to go. And even if you're not sensitive...you will need tissues for the movie *and* for the Pixar "short" before. Both are very good pictures.
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

katrinaw

hugs Beth...

Glad you recovered OK. I had not heard of DID before, but I had a quick look.

Thanks for the tip though, I'll go and research the movie, I had not heard of it before.

Katy xx

Long term MTF in transition... HRT since ~ 2003...
Journey recommenced Sept 2015  :eusa_clap:... planning FT 2016  :eusa_pray:

Randomly changing 'Katy PIC's'

Live life, embrace life and love life xxx
  •  

Beth Andrea

You can compare "Inside Out" with another short film, called "INSiDE" (insideshort dot com). It may also be triggering, but is very...clever.
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

katrinaw

OK will check that out too xx

Katy
Long term MTF in transition... HRT since ~ 2003...
Journey recommenced Sept 2015  :eusa_clap:... planning FT 2016  :eusa_pray:

Randomly changing 'Katy PIC's'

Live life, embrace life and love life xxx
  •