Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

For the closest shave...

Started by Illuminess, December 29, 2014, 01:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illuminess

Should I use a safety razor? It'll be a long while before I can get electrolysis. Those Gillette razor replacements are expensive, and they snag. The hair on my neck grows sideways, so it makes shaving with them very annoying. Luckily, it's not thick hair, and it's much more sparse in coverage than average, but it's still problematic.
△ ☾ Rıνεя Aяıп Lαυяıε ☽ △

"Despair holds a sweetness that only an artist's tongue can taste."Illuminess
  •  

Sydney Spitfire

I wouldn't recommend it as safety razors tend to have more pull and that could increase the change of razor bumps and irritation. What i recommend is getting a 4 blade razor with shaving gel and doing a general stroke downwards then up and another against the grain to get super close. With that i mind I recommend using a after-shave lotion to make keep things moisturized and avoid irritation.
  •  

RoseH

What works for me is 4-bladed razors and they need to be sharp. I usually replace mine every 3-4 weeks, but I also use it to shave my entire body.
I have really sensitive skin, but I manage by shaving in the shower. I shave against the grain for the closest shave, even though it irritates my skin.
I use conditioner instead of shaving cream as I find it more manageable, and I use a regular moisturizer afterwards :)

•  

Jacqueline

I have to admit that for the past year and I half I have experimented with 2 bladed, 4, more and my old safety razor. I use conditioner and multi-blade on legs and body.

However, the closest shave I have found on face and throat is a safety razor with shaving soap, a good brush and a mug. Very old school. It takes 2-3 days for the skin to get used to it, but it is the closest for me.

Joanna
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•