Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Losing weight/gaining lean muscle

Started by BMTH, July 14, 2015, 10:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMTH

Hey guys, I'm sure we all know that having that extra baby fat on our face or love handles around our hips, can hinder passing at times, or even not having enough weight through lean muscle. So I feel like it's my duty to share my weight loss story and how super easy it was for me and how it can be for you! Here's a picture of a 3 month progression:
I lost 23lbs, 17% body fat, gained 17lbs of muscle, lost 2 pant sizes, and actually have energy to get back in the gym. Guys, I didn't take a magic "diet" pill, I didn't starve myself, and I didn't slave in the gym for hours everyday...I literally did it through good nutrition. That's where most people fall behind in their weight loss journey, they don't know how to eat right and it discourages them. But I've recently became a health coach, and I'm here to help anyone interested! Message me with any questions!
  •  

Alexthecat

I would like a magical cookbook of simple meals that I like that I could pull from to make up a week's worth of meals that are healthy. I am a picky eater.

•  

RaptorChops

Quote from: Alexthecat on July 14, 2015, 10:47:10 AM
I would like a magical cookbook of simple meals that I like that I could pull from to make up a week's worth of meals that are healthy. I am a picky eater.

I would like that as well. It would be nice too if there was maybe a grocery list type thing with it so I don't have to fumble through recipes trying to figure out what I need for what. :p
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I dunno.
  •  

BMTH

I can help you guys with all of that as well! Trust me, that's where I struggled, on top of hating to cook and never being home. I'm going to message you both if that's ok?
  •  

Maleth

Quote from: BMTH on July 14, 2015, 10:57:52 AM
I can help you guys with all of that as well! Trust me, that's where I struggled, on top of hating to cook and never being home. I'm going to message you both if that's ok?

Count me in, too! I am very interested in this. A cookbook would be awesome. I'm already cooking my own meals at home now and making my own groceries etc. So I've already taken steps towards this but I'm pretty lost so any knowledge could really help. Thanks :)
~Maleth
  •  

BMTH

I guess I can't message people yet, so please please message me! Anyone interested. I do free wellness coaching!
  •  

lionheart

You say you didn't slave in the gym for hours... so did you work out at all, or just not as much as people might expect? What was your diet like? I'm trying to get into shape before my top surgery next summer but I'm recovering from a pretty bad foot injury so I'm worried I won't be able to work out as much as I should and I don't know how long it'll take to lose as much as I want with minimal exercise.
  •  

BMTH

You can definitely lose weight or drop body fat percentage with minimal workouts because health is 80% nutrition 20% exercise, so if you put the right things in your body, it'll take care of itself.
  •  

AeroZeppelin92

Quote from: BMTH on July 14, 2015, 10:33:59 AM
I lost 23lbs, 17% body fat, gained 17lbs of muscle, lost 2 pant sizes, and actually have energy to get back in the gym. Guys, I didn't take a magic "diet" pill, I didn't starve myself, and I didn't slave in the gym for hours everyday...I literally did it through good nutrition. That's where most people fall behind in their weight loss journey, they don't know how to eat right and it discourages them. But I've recently became a health coach, and I'm here to help anyone interested! Message me with any questions!

Not saying that you didn't work your ass off and make great progress (you did) but it's almost impossible to gain 17lbs of muscle in 3 months... That's how much lean muscle most people achieve in a year. That being said.. Congrats man, you look great and I'm very happy for you, keep it up!

Quote from: lionheart on July 15, 2015, 05:16:54 PM
You say you didn't slave in the gym for hours... so did you work out at all, or just not as much as people might expect? What was your diet like? I'm trying to get into shape before my top surgery next summer but I'm recovering from a pretty bad foot injury so I'm worried I won't be able to work out as much as I should and I don't know how long it'll take to lose as much as I want with minimal exercise.

You have to work out to achieve results like that. However, you can spend as little or as much time in a gym as you choose, as long as you're doing the work. If you want results however, you can't focus on "minimal exercise" because that will give you minimal results.
  •  

RaptorChops

But obviously being at the gym all the time ain't gonna cut it.. gotta eat that healthy stuff!! I went out and bought a bunch of healthy foods tonight and started cooking it so I'm not depressed and shoveling tostinos pizza rolls in my mouth.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I dunno.
  •  

Escher

One huge change in my diet that helped me lose fat was not buying/eating bread. In its place i buy corn tortillas that are awesome for making leaner meals and are also really satisfying and help releive my urge for carbs.

I'm a pesca-tarian,  and i remember losing a good amount of weight when I stopped eating meat. Fish and eggs help to replace my protein intake. I also take a vitamin B12 supplement every morning.
"If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well run."
  •  

thatonetransguy

Omfggg BRING ME THE HORIZON

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  •  

RaptorChops

Quote from: Escher on July 15, 2015, 11:34:33 PM
One huge change in my diet that helped me lose fat was not buying/eating bread.
But I love Martin's Potato Whole Wheat bread :***(((
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I dunno.
  •  

Escher

Quote from: RaptorChops on July 17, 2015, 11:07:20 AM
But I love Martin's Potato Whole Wheat bread :***(((

Ahh me too!! haha So so good :P Womp womp
"If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well run."
  •  

Maleth

Quote from: Escher on July 17, 2015, 04:15:31 PM
Ahh me too!! haha So so good :P Womp womp

ME THIRD! I love bread. And carbs. I'm eating a lot more vegetables but I miss my carbs.. :( (I still eat carbs but way less)
~Maleth
  •