Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Fast heart rate and breathlessness

Started by tesseract49, July 10, 2015, 02:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tesseract49

Hi everyone. I am a transwomen and have been on HRT for a few months. I have noticed that occasionally, I get a fast heart rate and feel a bit out of breath when I stand up, but feel better when I sit down. This isn't constant, it only happens occasionally. Is this normal for an MTF on hormones? Could it be a symptom of high blood pressure. I have heard that women's hearts beat faster than men's. Is it okay or should I have it checked? Thanks very much xxx
  •  

awilliams1701

Actually since spiro is a blood pressure med, I tend to have issues with low blood pressure. I would at the very least recommend getting a BP cuff and monitoring it. If it really is high, then certainly see a doctor. However you might want to see a doctor anyway. I've checked mine a couple of times when I felt lightheaded and sure enough it was low.
Ashley
  •  

tesseract49

I am actually only on estrogen and finasteride. I am not on a proper antiandrogen as such. I have heard that Spiro is dangerous. I just feel worried. I don't want to have a heart attack or something xxx
  •  

Rejennyrated

Yes it sounds like it could be mild postural hypotension (that is low blood pressure) so yeah I do think its worth getting checked out properly because none of us can give you a diagnosis over the internet, and indeed its impossible to say what is causing this without proper tests, so it would be very wrong to reassure you at this stage.

You shouldnt really take medical advice off anyone on a website like this because you don't know who they are or what they really know.

As it happens we do have doctors on this site, and I'm a medical student, but those of us who have some knowledge would not want to diagnose something like that without proper examination and history, which its not appropriate to do over a website. So then only advice anyone can or should give is to go see your GP and get it checked as its clearly something you have noticed as a change and therefore deserves a checkup.
  •  

tesseract49

I would love to be your friend :). I like medical things xxx
  •  

Rejennyrated

Quote from: tesseract49 on July 10, 2015, 03:26:19 PM
I would love to be your friend :). I like medical things xxx
Well I'm always happy to correspond on here, either publicly or privately subject to the limitation that I can't and won't ever give out any formal medical advice.

Thats just a professional thing, firstly because I still have 18 months before I am qualified, and secondly because its an important principle of medicine that we never mix friendship with our professional work. So very happy to be a friend and talk in friendly terms...
  •  

tesseract49

Yay! *hugs*. I love being friends with other transwomen. I wish we could go shopping together :). I see myself as a representative of the trans community. I like to be involved in trans rights everywhere I go xxx
  •  

Rejennyrated

Well if you are ever in London that shopping trip could easily be arranged... I'm also active in trans rights, but in a slghtly different way. I work wthin the medical community to influence people and help understanding grow.

I hope you'll perhaps understand why after having a childhood almost in target gender, and now being over 30 years post transition and SRS I tend to describe myself as a woman with a trans history rather than a transwoman... its a subtle disctinction, but one I make in order to respect the fact that I am no longer in that place, or grappling with those issues, so in current issues I defer to the opinions of those of you who are. 

Anyway I'm relatively easy to find on various social networks, and as long as people message me first to explain who they are and where we are connected I'm often happy to add folks, as long as they respect the fact that I have a lot of professional medical friends, so my Facebook etc is absolutely NOT the place to start discussing trans issues.

(Also I do INSIST that anyone adding me MUST message me first - if anyone attempts to add me without doing that I do instantly delete and block, because as a future medic I have to maintain my boundaries.)

But yes happy to get to know you. Your user name on here is really clever - suggests to me that you are an exceptionally smart kitten.
  •