Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Gender marker?

Started by Rena-san, September 03, 2012, 01:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dahlia

There's gonna be a new law over here in Holland; you don't need to be post op anymore to have an F or M gendermarker in your ID and passport...
  •  

kelly_aus

I still have a penis and my passport has a big fat F in the Gender box.. I could have been contrary and had an X there, but I'm a woman, regardless of what's in my pants - so an F seemed the most logical gender marker for me to have.

A passport that ID's me as a female also allows me to change my gender with a bunch of other agencies.. :)
  •  

Apples Mk.II

My Two cents on the matter...

If you feel like a woman, you are perceived as a woman, you fullfill your daily life as a woman... Why not? What it is under the legs, I can see it mores a medical issue. It's the same as a man that has been accidentally maimed down there, but he is still a man (unless you are using the Deuteronomy, 23:1). It is not something that can be changed that easily (not enough budget, or nor a safe surgery depending on your health) at will, and IMHO, not something that should affect you in your "social / public" life.

The process that they use in SP seems fine to me. After one year of HRT and therapy, if the therapist sees you are fitting into the new role, the change can be easily made, and they will try to change all the other related documents, as many as they can.

Yet, there is something that is bugging me as a consequence of this thread, and can be quite interesting...
  •  

aprilrain

im in Ohio and all i needed was a therapist letter to change my gender marker on my DL.
  •  

beabela

I am non-op and was granted a female gender marker on my passport in Switzerland. The line of argument I used vis a vis the court is in my intro thread ("beatrice from zurich") which I posted a couple days ago.

Hugs, Beatrice
  •  

snapfie

Quote from: Gretchen on September 09, 2012, 06:22:39 PM
So let me get this right, you think SRS is creating a pretend vagina? and you think being a girl with a penis is more  realistic, socially acceptable, worthy of gender marker change to female? I'm pretty happy with my pretend vagina and the fact that all my documents are female because I do not have a penis. Females do not have penis's, what you need is a third gender marker.

I don't want to insult the intersexed since they are the third gender, looks like you'll have to come up with something else.
Yes I also think this way.
  •  

snapfie

Quote from: Kitty_Babe on September 10, 2012, 02:14:07 AM
Likewise, what I say here is not intended to offend either !

Saying your a female and a "gurl" is fine, not having the physical parts as it were, will never let you appear "physically" to be that gender in situations where you have shared area's of undressing with other people of the so called same sex. You would never be able to use area's like that, plus additionally you will always be classed as a "chick with a dick".

I like my pretend vagina as you call it, I chose to have this done, to feel more complete as a woman on my journey in changing my body, and to psycologically match my mental gender with my physical sex. Remember SRS isnt for everyone, and not everyone would really benefit from it anyway.

If you dont mind also looking for dates with men who like you as you are, then good for you, but for me, I could never of had sex with another man with a penis, still on my body, thats 101 homosexualism I am afraid. Simple as that..

Besides the "pretend" vagina looks really awsome, and look pretty identical to the real ones, I guess depending on the surgeon, but even so, its not really fair to refer to it as "pretend" as it implies your not a "real" woman as well. Remember many women go through operations on their Vagina's every year, to have things removed, through different reasons, so I guess they also are then only half a woman too by the same logic ! Having a penis would make you even LESS pyhsically a woman.

Its simple 101 biology.

Catherine <3
Yeah, i agree...
  •  

kelly_aus

Quote from: snapfie on June 09, 2015, 03:03:52 AM
Yes I also think this way.
That's fine, but spare a thought for those for whom surgery is not possible for medical reasons. I'd probably have SRS, except the likelihood of me not surviving makes it not worth the risk
  •  

Jake25

Do what makes you happy. I wish I could change my gender marker after I've been on hormones awhile because it could take decades apart for me to have top and bottom surgery.
  •  

Allison Wunderland

JUSTICE -- should offer that gender designation on ID is optional!

The obvious difficulty in listing "gender" on ID is -- What happens when you have various pieces of ID, with various genders designated?

I have state driver's license, handgun permit.

FEDERAL military (disabled veteran) ID, VA ID (federal veteran), passport.

They all designate "sex" -- At this stage in the game (gender politics), designating gender/race is political bigotry.

We need to think about this issue, stop telling us who we are. I'm not "in disguise."

------------------

Routine ID check,

"It says here on your license that you're a male."

"That's right officer. That's what it says."
"Let us appropriate & subvert the semiotic hegemony of the hetero-normative dyad."

"My performativity has changed since reading Dr. Judith Butler, Ph.D., Berkeley."
  •