Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

can't shave close right now

Started by rachel89, July 16, 2015, 01:08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rachel89

I hate hate hate my facial and male body hair. i usually shave face twice a a day, and going both with the direction of growth and against the direction of growth and apply a good moisturizer. This is apparently a problem in the last few because my face has been irritated and i am having some acne, so I can now only shave once a day going with the direction growth. I just a little P.O.'d right now about this situation

•  

katrinaw

hugs Rachel, so sorry to hear of the irritations...

Just a thought have you tried Aloe Vera, free I have used it successfully to clear wound scars and many skin irritations, if its pure its really good.

best wishes, hope it clears up quick for you

Katy xx
Long term MTF in transition... HRT since ~ 2003...
Journey recommenced Sept 2015  :eusa_clap:... planning FT 2016  :eusa_pray:

Randomly changing 'Katy PIC's'

Live life, embrace life and love life xxx
  •  

rachel89

i have some witch hazel and some stuff with aloe and lidocaine, some stuff with salycylic acid

•  

Mariah

Katy's idea would be mine. It should help sooth it. Also. All the moisturizing and cleansing of your face you can do to keep those pores clear and clean the better. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

katrinaw

Quote from: rachel89 on July 16, 2015, 01:37:16 AM
i have some witch hazel and some stuff with aloe and lidocaine, some stuff with salycylic acid
Not sure of the Acid... and I reckon witch hazel could further irritate (its fine on abrasions)...
The Aloe and Lidocaine might work OK too, depends on the purity of the Aloe Vera?

I grow it at home (Aloe LoL) but also have some pure processed Aloe on hand too (the raw leaves a light greeny/brown tinge to the skin). I ask for pure Aloe Vera gel in the pharmacy/chemist...

Katy xx
Long term MTF in transition... HRT since ~ 2003...
Journey recommenced Sept 2015  :eusa_clap:... planning FT 2016  :eusa_pray:

Randomly changing 'Katy PIC's'

Live life, embrace life and love life xxx
  •  

rachel89

the aloe/lidocaine stuff is called "Solarcaine"

•  

Valkyrie_2

I feel your pain. I have a very sensitive upper lip. I hate that I can't just get up, throw makeup on and go.
  •  

Sigyn

Thankfully, I have a very very sparse facial hair growth. I can get away with shaving once every other day. I hate doing it because it continues to "remind me".

Personally, I use a different razor for my lip as for the rest of my face. I use the following razor for those areas

Look for: Merkur-Moustache-Eyebrow-Safety-Razor on Amazon

the initial cost is a bit, but the blades are about 1/10 of the price if that, and last forever. I've found that delicate areas like that are much better served with a smaller razor. Hope that helps.

Mod Edit: Sorry the posting of links is not permitted, without prior permission
  •