Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

had to wait

Started by Marlee, July 11, 2015, 04:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marlee

I had planned on taking the big step of going out this morning in full feminine. But I was so wired I couldn't sleep well at all, and would up down for most of the day with a migraine. I am beginning to think that this isn't possible for me. self-consiousness, this town and the onslaught of my self-doubts all collided and left me a wreck.
Now doubt is gripping me so bad it's making me cry.

Sorry to be a downer here.
  •  

Laura_7

Have a *hug*

Well try to relax...

sometimes we have to find a way around restraints...

what about getting in the car, driving somewhere and being there for some time ?
Another town.... a place with not too many people... for example ?

•  

suzifrommd

Quote from: Marlee on July 11, 2015, 04:35:57 PM
I had planned on taking the big step of going out this morning in full feminine. But I was so wired I couldn't sleep well at all, and would up down for most of the day with a migraine. I am beginning to think that this isn't possible for me. self-consiousness, this town and the onslaught of my self-doubts all collided and left me a wreck.
Now doubt is gripping me so bad it's making me cry.

Sorry to be a downer here.

You're already as feminine as you need to be. Everything else is just appearances.

Of course you get past this and be as fabulous a woman as you want to be.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

Ms Grace

Don't push yourself if you don't feel ready. That said, just be easy on yourself... instead of a Big Day Out, just a small first few things will easily suffice.

My first time out in girl mode early last year was going to be a trip to my gender counsellor, which involved a walk to the train station, catching two trains and a walk to the GC. I was pretty nervous, but the night before I had to take out the garbage...so I did that in girl mode. I realised the biggest fear was the first step beyond the doorway. Every subsequent step got easier. The next day, the fear of stepping out the door was significantly reduced. Yes, I ended up having quite a successful outing, but it had numerous challenges on the way - none of them went pear shaped but if they had... yikes. In retrospect it was a massive leap of lunacy but it smashed through a lot of fear barriers.

My advice to people is to take their first time easy, small trips, make sure you are able to extract yourself in (the unlikely) case of trouble. Day time is best, safe public spaces, some minimal human interaction, no alcohol, avoid overly crowded spaces with lots of random people. If all you do i s walk around the block, or jump in your car and go to the mall and buy a coffee then go home them you have covered a lot of ground.
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Marlee

Tkank you all for those kind words. I have re-thought it and will do it ...maybe just a start with a drive around town.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

•  

Mariah

As Grace said don't rush yourself. When your ready, you will be able to do it. No same in delaying, but starting out small is good and them moving up words from there. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

katrinaw

hugs Marlee,

It is terrifying the first couple of times...

Driving around is a great way to start. It got me over the internal fear of "what if"

Then I progressed to driving then parking and wandering around a bit, I took a prop, like a camera and just took pictures of buildings or landscapes... 

Do you know what, no one really notices...
I've still a long way to go, mainly because of vocal interaction!

Katy xxxx
Long term MTF in transition... HRT since ~ 2003...
Journey recommenced Sept 2015  :eusa_clap:... planning FT 2016  :eusa_pray:

Randomly changing 'Katy PIC's'

Live life, embrace life and love life xxx
  •  

Cindy

It is one of the hardest steps but it rapidly becomes very natural. I was thinking that now a days I come home, take of my work clothes, skirt dress whatever and change into sweat pants and a loose top. If I then realise I need something from the shops it goes through me, God I can't be seen like this in public, and put a skirt and top back on!

Going to the movies is also a good starter, you are in the dark and everyone is watching the screen and not you.
  •