Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Giant Adamsapples and well how to deal with them

Started by LilDevilOfPrada, August 01, 2018, 03:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilDevilOfPrada

I haven't looked at this in years, I put on weight about 15Kg to both make an excuse for my breasts and hide my adamsapple. A few years back I remember being told shaving is bad because you'll lose your voice etc but I am wonder have things changed? I found many people who tell me women have them so its fine to keep but not in remotely in my case so I am just curious have things changed have new professionals come along who just hand the whole process better, if so who and where?

I am going to have to lose this weight over the coming months and I know this will greatly increase my dysphoria so I am very curious.
Awww no my little kitten gif site is gone :( sad.

2 Febuary 2011/13 June 2011 hrt began
  •  

Dena

A skilled surgeon can shave your Adam's Apple without causing voice problems. The trick is to remove the excess without cutting into the larynx. After the surgery the larynx may still be visible but the protrusion will be removed. My surgery was preformed by a reconstructive plastic surgeon who told me not everything would be removed as it would damage the voice but what was left is small enough not to cause any issues.

I asked my Endo about a plastic surgeon and I was referred to a fairly good local surgeon. Question your surgeon about the procedure and if you not comfortable with the answers, they might not have the skills needed for the surgery you desire.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Lady Sarah

Mine was so big, people would look me straight in the neck, and call me "sir". I lost a lot of voice range due to the surgery, but have made alot of progress getting it back. If yours is anywhere near as large as mine was, it will cause an enormous amount of dysphoria. How you deal with it is up to you. I just could not live with it.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

LilDevilOfPrada

Hmm local, interesting but again scary as I say mines quite large and has a spear in-front of it haha. My dysphoria on it is quite major could I have a general recovery time? I only ask as I work in a mainly Chinese company with many second language speakers and if my voice is hard to understand the company may take action against me.

•  

Dena

If done properly there shouldn't be any voice issues. The sutures will probably be in for a week before they are removed and after that if you want to hide the surgical site, a little makeup will do the job. If there is any horsiness, it would last a few days.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

LilDevilOfPrada

Thanks for the quick reply, mind if I ask what you looked for in a local plastic surgeon? I dont live in a first world country so any advice would be appreciated! :)

•  

Dena

The referral from my doctor was the only doctor I needed. The important items is reconstructive plastic surgeon. These doctors receive more training than a simple boob doctor as they reconstruct damage to the human body. They have knowledge of bone work and may have a better eye for the aesthetics.
  •  

Lady Sarah

You should not lose your voice if you get the shave. Just don't get it done in a place you would not trust. I never needed any paperwork to get mine done. But, I did get it done by a professional in a hospital. My primary care doctor said the surgeon did a very good job with it, and she could not tell I ever had an Adams Apple if I didn't tell her. The scar is just that unnoticeable.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •