Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Do I Look, or Could I Pass, as Female? 5.0

Started by stephaniec, August 06, 2015, 12:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephaniec

Quote from: ♡ Emily ♡ on August 05, 2015, 07:00:55 AM
As it is getting quite hot here recently, this was my office outfit for today

I wonder if I should tell the rest of my co-workers that I am transgender and what is this all about...
I think you might have some explaining to do
  •  

Lady Smith

You look very natural and lovely Emily.  I don't see why you should tell your co-workers anything as it's none of their business.
  •  

Sammy

Thank You Mickie, Barbie, Stephaniec and Lady Smith :).

Lady Smith, I should tell them because I basically transitioned on the job and told only to the closest circle. The other colleagues dont know and they treat and speak to me as a guy (pronouns etc). I guess, this is one of the issues encountered when doing "slow, step-by-step approach" instead of "shock and awe" like showing up to the office while wearing a dress. Another drawback - and that's why I have finally pushing things forwards, is that there are newcomers and with them it's constant male fail no matter what I wear, so I have run into a couple of awkward situations and it just starts to become annoying.

Barbie, I am not sure I might loose my job - there are very few people in my country who are experts in the area that we are working in, besides, I have been doing this for 11 years and my superiors value me a lot. I kept things at hold because nobody could give me a definite answer if I would go the public route (I am on informed consent), would I be treated as mentally ill person, or not. But going the public route is the only way to get my gender legally changed, so I guess the only way to find those modalities out - is to start the proceedings and see what happens. I strongly suspect that they would make an exception for me and that could somehow smoothen the road for others. 
  •  

V M

Yaaaaay!!! New picture thread!!!  :icon_chick:  Wheeeeeee!!!
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Zoetrope

•  

Sammy

Quote from: V M on August 06, 2015, 08:09:20 AM

Oh, cool - and my ugly mugshot gets to open it :D

Quote from: Zoetrope on August 06, 2015, 08:12:16 AM
Not sure what I am. But I am happy :~)

We are all human beings :)
  •  

Mariah

A wonderful, beautiful person. Hugs
Mariah
Quote from: Zoetrope on August 06, 2015, 08:12:16 AM
Not sure what I am. But I am happy :~)
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Ange

Hey Emily,

I don't know if I can ask this, but in which country are you living in ? I hope everything will go well.

(By the way, I've seen your photos quite often and I always thought you were damn cool. ^-^ )
Tell me what your definition of "man" and "woman" is, I'll tell you which I am. Not the other way around.
  •  

stephaniec

Quote from: V M on August 06, 2015, 08:09:20 AM
now I have to go through 2000 posts to collect all my pictures so I don't lose them to oblivion
  •  

rukabear

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzehP9hyc14zZFR6LXY2SGx2YVZCQ1F5OWZhRnhtak5BWm9F/view?usp=sharing

This is my first attempt at doing a full makeup and trying to pass.  I know the angle and lighting aren't that great though.  Can I get some tips and tricks on how to improve or what others have used to help cover the beard?

Please be kind, lol.
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

This is me this morning: I think I look less feminine than before, but I sure was feeling feminine in that moment. I had just gotten over losing items to theft and also my mistake of dropping expensive phones. As well as having been burnt on my legs and back from a so called "insect repellant" which has still not 100% healed after 2 weeks.

Perhaps you guys and gals can see what I still can't see for some reason. I mean i look decent I think, but just not anywhere near looking like a woman.
Shawn Sunshine Strickland The Strickalator

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

saraht123

Quote from: rukabear
This is my first attempt at doing a full makeup and trying to pass.  I know the angle and lighting aren't that great though.  Can I get some tips and tricks on how to improve or what others have used to help cover the beard?

Please be kind, lol.

I can't see any beard shadow in the photo, but people have recommended something called Dermablend to me in the past. I haven't tried it yet.

You look quite a bit like Rebecca Adlington, so that's a pass then!
  •  

kittenpower

Quote from: rukabear on August 06, 2015, 03:01:14 PM

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzehP9hyc14zZFR6LXY2SGx2YVZCQ1F5OWZhRnhtak5BWm9F/view?usp=sharing

Please be kind, lol.
You look Pretty. :)
  •  

saraht123

Quote from: Shawn Sunshine

Perhaps you guys and gals can see what I still can't see for some reason. I mean i look decent I think, but just not anywhere near looking like a woman.

I must have seen quite a few of your posts in the past, each one more and more feminine. This time I think what you are seeing is beard shadow. Maybe it's more noticiable because of the lighting or something (the photo has a lot of blue in it). Except for that it would be 100% pass :)
  •  

Yenneffer

Hugs I love you brothers and sisters just forgive this confused girl
  •  

Mariah

•  

findingreason

•  

Mariah

•  

rukabear

•  

Boo Stew

Quote from: rukabear on August 06, 2015, 03:01:14 PM

Please be kind, lol.

For a first attempt, it's really strong. This is just my opinion but I'm not a huge fan of doing the black liner all the way around, especially inner edges. It tends to make the eyes look smaller.  I would start just before the inner edge and maybe give a little flick at the outer or if you really want the all around look, make sure it's not all one thickness, smudge it up and go for a smoky eye. You can look up on youtube how to do it if you're confused, there's a million tutorials.
  •